10: Cupcake

Today was the day of the full moon.

When (Y/N) woke she was alone in the bed, Lauren's side of the bed made and tucked in.

Looking around the room she determined the older girl to not be in the bathroom or the closet so she decided to venture out of the room in search of her.

Walking out of the room was a mess. People rushed through the narrow hall ways, arms full of flowers or decorations, disappearing as quickly as they appeared.

The small wolf watched the people, dodging them as they walked.

Taking shelter in Lauren's office as one fairly large man nearly stood on her, (Y/N) let out a relieved sigh as Lauren watched amused from her desk, glasses perched on her nose.

"It's a bit busy today but once the ceremony is over we can relax." Lauren spoke, startling the wolf.

Spinning around, the small wolf let out a relieved sigh at the sight of her mate and was quick to trot over and nuzzle Lauren's legs.

Smiling down at her mate, Lauren picked up the pup and ran her fingers through the white fur before kissing between her ears.

"Happy birthday, my love." Lauren cooed before kissing her again, the younger wolf relaxing in her grip before licking the exposed skin of Lauren's forearm.

They sat like that for ten minutes before Camila knocked on the office door.

"Good morning Alpha, Luna." She greeted. "We require your assistance in the preparations of this evenings ceremony."

Letting out a slight sigh, Lauren placed her mate back down on the hard wood floor before standing up and straightening her shirt. "We will be down soon, you're dismissed." Lauren told the younger girl.

Camila was quick to leave after Lauren spoke, Lauren crouching down to her mate to kiss the top of her head and talk, she didn't like talking down to her.

"After the ceremony for our deceased we will celebrate you're eighteenth birthday. It's a big milestone and I want to celebrate it with you. You usually find your mate on your eighteenth birthday, and while I had to wait for you I don't mind. Because I love you." Lauren told her, the younger wolf jumping up to stand on her hind legs as she nuzzled Lauren's face.

It was her silent I love you too.

A few hours later the sun was setting and the ceremony was starting, the large bonfire being lit up as a guide for the lost spirits to find them and find passage.

Once everything was up and going, Lauren stood from her seat and walked to the podium, (Y/N) staying in her seat.

"We are gathered here today to commemorate the loss of our fallen warriors. We are to help them find passage and move forth into the ether realm in hopes of being reborn as a spirit guide for our future pack member.

It is a happy day though, do not be discouraged. We are celebrating their love and their legacy. They wouldn't want us to be sad, they died for our gain, our future. They died for our pack and I am grateful to have fought among them and have called them family.

It is because of them we have a Luna, my mate, (Y/N). And it is on this day we are also celebrating her eighteenth year of life.

I now welcome our pack elders to the fire to help guide our fallen." Lauren said, ending her speech and taking her seat next to (Y/N) again, running her hand through the white fur and leaving it there for reassurance.

Once the ceremony had ended and the pack members filed off to their rooms for the night, Lauren led (Y/N) into the dimly lit kitchen, opening the fridge to take out a single, beautifully decorated cupcake.

"Happy birthday pup." Lauren whispered into the empty space, placing the cake in front of the wolf before lighting the single candle.

"Make a wish," Lauren whisper, watching as the candle light danced across her mates white fur and illuminated her features.

Staring back at Lauren lovingly, (Y/N) hesitated for a few seconds before blowing out the candle, quickly cuddling up to Lauren as a thank you.

After eating the small cake between themselves, Lauren carried (Y/N) upstairs as into their room, placing the smaller wolf on the bed before stripping out of her clothes and shifting into her wolf.

They then cuddled up on the bed as close to each other as possible, occasionally licking one another's cheeks, nose, muzzle or fur.

It was just before Lauren drifted off that (Y/N) decided to do it.

To reach out to the Alpha.

"Thank you, Lauren, I'm glad you're my mate. I love you..."