Smile

It was a little- okay, a lot- shocking when Death suddenly appeared directly in front of Error, standing behind Ink with a hand on the smaller skeleton's shoulder. Error knew it would happen; Death had warned him. He told Error about his plan and everything, and still, something about just seeing Ink again made him want to break down and scream curses at himself for ever thinking it would be a good idea to hurt him.

Ink looked slightly confused, his eyes content yet slightly wide, glancing around the void, and finally, his gaze rested on Error.

All in one moment, Error expected everything to come at once; he expected Ink to shout at Error about how irresponsible and monstrous and utterly horrible he was. He expected to be smacked and punched and attacked and shoved until he could barely move. He expected to be hated for what he'd done; for Ink to hate him. Hell, somewhere in the back of Error's mind, he wanted it. He deserved it. He didn't think he could fully expect anything else besides it.

However, after Ink's eyes landed peacefully on Error, there was no shouting. There was no attack. There was no hatred.

Only a second or two after Creation's gaze landed on him, he smiled. Error felt so much in that one split second and the source of it all was in Ink. In Ink's smile. That smile. Something... There was something about it.

Ink's eyes shone with something Error couldn't describe; No hatred. Ink accepted Error.

His stature was peaceful and steady. No need for attack. Ink had gotten this far without it, and he still loved everything about the worlds, even though they didn't always treat him the way he deserved.

"I've missed being able to talk to you," Was the first think Ink took the time to say. No shouting or outrage. Others would be more focused on his quiet voice to hear what's being said.

Death looked tired. He nodded to the two of them, said, "I'll... let you two talk," and with that, he snapped his fingers multiple times, attempting to teleport away. It took four snaps to finally work up the power to teleport. Ink furrowed his brow but concluded that ultimately, Reaper would be fine, wherever he'd gone.

Error could barely keep himself still. He wanted to apologize until he ran out of words. He wanted to hurt himself right then and there just to show Ink how much he regretted what he'd done. He wanted to.....

He wanted to cry.

But he didn't. He didn't apologize thousands of times. He didn't harm himself. He didn't spill a tear. Because Ink wouldn't want that. He wouldn't want harm to come to anyone, even Error. That's not the way he was. And he wouldn't want Error to cry. He wouldn't want him to be sorrowful after what'd happened. Ink would just want him to be happy he was back. 

Error was about to say something but he noticed Ink was being eerily still. The smile... There was something about Ink's smile. It wasn't him. This couldn't be Ink. Error didn't know what it was about the smile... 

Then he realized that there was no emotion behind it at all.

* * *

"Jesus, Death, I thought you said you were going to be tired, not so burnt out on power you couldn't even stand." Geno supported Death until the Grim Reaper was down on the ground, lying in the one grass patch that was in the Save Screen.

"Well," Reaper said with a drunken-type smile, his words slurred from exhaustion, "I did tell you it would drain me of almost all my energy." His eyes closed and he let out a quiet groan. "I don't know whether I'm in pain or if I'm just really tired. I may be overwhelmed."

"You're probably all of the above," Geno snapped. "How many people did you revive?"

"Just Ink. He's quite powerful, lots of magic required to revive someone with such abilities and all that," Death mumbled. "Not to be dramatic or anything, but everything aches. Like, really bad. You wouldn't wanna kiss it better, would you?"

"No, you fucking idiot, I'm making sure you don't die of starvation while you're working your energy back up. I don't need to fucking pamper you."

Death sighed melodramatically and closed his eyes. "Where's the food then, hm?"

Geno scoffed. "You're hungry now?"

"I mean, I did bring Creation himself back from the dead. One'd think that since all the energy was burned, the source of the energy would probably need to be restored."

"Alright, alright, dumbass. I'll get you some food. Just... don't move, don't go anywhere. And don't die or I'll kill you." Geno paused for a moment. His face turned red. Death laughed a little. "You know what I mean," Geno barked before teleporting out of the Save Screen.

---END OF CHAPTER 24---

1. Merry superlate Christmas to all!

2. Happy New Year!! 20gayteen is over (finally, I personally think I could've done better but ah, what can you do) and I hope to be a better person than I was this past year.

3. The Christmas art is coming, everyone! It's just going to be a little difficult because my camera is damaged and can't transfer to my computer, plus anything I use to draw on usually is damaged permanently or has a virus on it. I will be posting traditional (most likely watercolor) art for you guys, though! I promise it's coming.

I got a couple DMs reminding me that chapter 24 is after 23, as I requested to be reminded of; and I personally thank you. My memory is shit. xD

Countdown to chaos: 2 (I really want to speed this up because I'm excited but writer's block is fucking me up)