Chapter 18

"I am going to make a suggestion." That I will most likely end up regretting, I add in my head as we walk to Seth's car. He should just give it to me because, I swear, I use it more than he does. "How about, you drive this time?"

"Me?" Angel says, her tone flat and her eyes a little wide as she lets go of my hand, and slows down. In shock, I'd guess. "You want... me to drive?"

God, she's so cute when she looks excited and terrified in the same time. "Sure, I'm gonna be right beside you to make sure you don't crash the car," I tell her with a bright smile. "If you want to, that is."

"Um..." She cracks a grin  taking the car keys that were hanging on my index finger. "Okay. Wow, this night just keeps getting better."

I chuckle with her, following her to the car. She's right, the night has been going great so far; the gig we were at was surprisingly good, those guys really know what they're doing. The only downside to it was that there were no snacks, but at least the beer was good. And no one asked for anyone's age. I might consider asking Leanne to get me tickets for their next gig too.

"So," I start as I enter the passenger's side, grinning at Angel's nervous face. "How did you like the gig?"

"Oh, they were good," She says, her tone a pitch higher as she pushes the key in the ignition, and jumps when she hears the engine start. "Really good. I'd buy their CD if they had one."

I laugh lightly again, placing my hand on the steering wheel to help her drive us out of the parking lot. She told me that she knows how to control a car; she's just never tried it before, so that's why I'm not that worried. "Yeah, me too. The drummer's got mad skills."

"Mhm," She hums, her eyes darting from the road ahead of us to the speed meter, making sure she hasn't crossed the limit. It might be cruel, but I really think she looks adorable when she's under so much pressure. And I don't think there was a time when I would have used the word 'adorable' to describe her, before this.

"What song did you like the most?" I ask, trying to distract her a little bit. Enough so she's not so nervous anymore, but not enough to have her crash into a tree or something.

"I liked Never Be," She says quickly, her voice still a pitch higher than usual, and I can't help laughing this time. "And Wherever You Are. Rejects was also really good, I could relate to it. Everything I Didn't Say as well."

"That's good," I nod, noticing that she's less tense now. Success. "I liked-"

"Wait, let me guess," Angel interrupts me and when I turn my head to her, she's got that dumb cheeky smile on her face. So much for being nervous. "You liked Lost Boy. And 18."

"Why would you think-"

"Oh, please," She chuckles, leaning back in her seat, completely relaxed now. "Those two are basically songs about your life."

"Hey!" I frown, amused by that statement as she laughs at my reaction. "They're not. I'm over 18, for one."

"She's just, a little bit older," She quietly sings, and it takes me a second to realize it's a line from 18. "But, I want to get to know her. But she said, it's already over." Then she goes into a small drumming session, gripping the wheel not three seconds after she'd let go of it. Even though I'm laughing while looking at her, I have to admit, that line really speaks to me.

"Wow," I say through a laugh, "I swear we were at the same gig, but I don't remember any of the lyrics."

"Well, how could I not?" She shrugs, not looking away from the road once. "I used to listen to them like twice a week."