Mad Max ♛

Farrah's POV

Farrah's POV

I sat in the kitchen with Steph, helping her feed Tommy. I picked up the small spoon with a clump of food on it, gently guiding it to the smaller boy's mouth.

"Can someone get that, we're trying to feed Tommy." Steph called out after the doorbell rang

Jackson walked in and leaned down to whisper to Steph, "You have a visitor. She's English and she's hot."

I smiled and rolled my eyes at the boy's over excited attitude. A woman in a red crop top and short skirt walked in. I was a bit shocked at her her appearance, but decided against making any comments. You do you, girl.

She turned to Jackson with a small smile having heard what he had said, "You are an observant young man."

He sighed as she walked towards Steph and hugged her. Jackson proceeded to drag me out of the room as he ranted about the looks of the English stranger.

He requested I help him fix his skateboard, even though I had no clue about the mechanics of the small board. Max walked in, interrupting my frustration at the rolling board.

"Do you know where Aunt Stephanie is?" Max asked, looking between the two of us

"She's out of town." I replied

He loudly groaned before running to his bed and throwing his trombone down, "She has my super magic scarf! My recital is tonight! I'm about to freak out!"

He started screaming and Jackson ran up to him, trying calm him down, "Take a deep breath. Now let it out slowly. You feel better now right?"

"That did nothing. Status update: I'm doomed." Max snapped, flopping face first on his bed.

"Max, Max. As much as I hate to say it, listen to Jackson. Whenever you're nervous on stage, just picture the audience in their underwear." I suggested with a small smile

Max glared, "Are you nuts? Hit the lights on your way out."

He tried to get into bed but Jackson stopped him, "Trust me, it works. When I ran for class treasurer, I had to make a speech in front of the whole entire school."

Max interrupted him, "But you lost."

Jackson sighed, "Yeah, that's because I was imagining all the girls in their underwear."

I scoffed and smacked the back of his head. I gently pushed Max out of the room, so we could get away from Jackson's jokes and skateboard problems.

_____________

Jackson and I stood by, watching Dj try to calm Max's nerves before he went on stage.

Max stood in front of the curtain, peaking out into the audience to scan the crowd.

"You're up next, buddy. Jackson, Farrah, and I will be cheering you on." Dj cheered

Max frowned, "No, you won't. I'm not going out there, Mom. I need my super-magic scarf, but Aunt Stephanie took it."

"She took your super-magic scarf?" Dj asked, fake surprise crossing her face

Jackson frowned, "What happened to the under wear trick?"

Max copied his frown, "It didn't work. My puppy was cute but that crowd is full of wrinkly old people."

Jackson and I looked out the curtain scanning the crowd of older adults, "Ugh!"

"You're right that's a lot of granny panties." I groaned, rubbing my forehead to try and get rid of the image I had imagined

Dj pulled out her phone to call Steph, who told a tale about the scarf in order to encourage Max to go out on stage and play without it.

She succeeded, and Max confidently strolled onto the stage and began to play with a new found sense of comfort.

After Max's performance, the group of us made our way back to the large San Francisco home.

Jackson and I made our way to Tommy's room to check that he was still asleep. Upon entering the room, we found Steph standing in front of Tommy's bed.

"Stephanie!" We cheered, greeting the young woman with large smiles

Max and Ramona heard our excited cheers, and made their way into the room with equally excited expressions. We all joined in to give her a tight group hug.

"Why are you crying?" Max asked her, noticing the tears in the woman's eyes

"Gosh, I'm just really sad that I missed your first recital." She smiled, wiping away her tears

"Cheer up. Mom has it on her phone. You can watch it over and over and over again."  Max said, excited he could show off his skills as much as he wanted

"Good. I love you guys." Steph said, giving us all a soft smile

We all gave her another hug, sensing the fact that she was still a bit upset. Kimmy made her way into the room, interrupting the group hug by joining us.

Jackson gave me a small smile, before looking around at everyone else gathered together. I returned his smile, thinking about all the ways I was lucky to have this group of people always by my side.

_________

Sorry this was a short chapter. There weren't a lot of scenes with Jackson in them or scenes I thought Farrah would fit well into. Thanks for all the reads I really Appreciate it!!!