ten

it took them two days to clear out may's old apartment, a lot of it going to peter, ned, mj or brielle. the rest to goodwill. it had been nearly two weeks since peter had spoken to freeze ray, and that made him feel utterly guilty. to get his mind off of things, and possibly see his lover again, he pulled on his binder, picked his ass up and shoved it into his spiderman suit. he slipped out his window and began his trip to queens which wasn't all that far from the facility. it was spidey time.

he swung from building to building, stopping at nothing except a car robbery and helping a seven year old get her beloved cat, pickles mcgarrison, out of a tree. doing good things made peter parker feel like a million bucks, like he was doing something right. spiderman was peter's escape, and his distraction from school, the loss of his family, tony stark, and his crippling dysphoria. he loved to hear the kids at his school talking about the amazing spiderman and the things he had done. he loved hearing the praises people would give him, it brought peace to peter.

while swinging mid air from an office building to a dance studio, spiderman noticed a stream of ice from the corner of his eye. he could feel the sparkle twinkling in his eyes when he caught sight of freeze ray. peter changed course and went towards the ice instead and what he saw was not what he was hoping for, nor expecting.

"fucking talk freeze fucker or i swear to god i will shoot the shit out of you!" a tall, heavy set male growled sticking a gun out in front of him.

"i told you i don't know!" freeze screamed back in pain, wiggling in the ropes that he was held captive in.

"we know you know spiderbitch's identity, we just need you to tell us and we'll let you go!"

"i'm telling you honestly i don't know!"

"then why do we have photographic evidence of you and him snogging it off together on top of a roof in queens?"

"because! i'm into him, because he's a good person."

"if you don't tell us who he is then we will find out who you are."

"rather me than him."

"okay then!"

"no! freeze!"

*click*

they ripped the face mask off of freeze ray's head and snapped a picture to reveal a face that peter parker had been mildly expecting. oliver davis-marquez. peter didn't want to admit that he knew it, but he knew it. when he met oliver that day on the subway he recognized that voice. and he recognized those hands. and he recognized those rosy  pink lips that held his heavenly laugh. and when he looked down at the scene in front of him, he held back an ear to ear smile and traded it instead for a web to each of the enemy's faces and pulling back the one on the heavy set man. peter webbed them to the ground and took the gun out of the large man's hand. he then moved on to the camera that another man had to snap a picture of freeze's identity. he smashed the camera and removed the sd card, throwing it into the wooded area where it would never be found. just to be safe he smashed every phone that was present and threw them to the woods as well, then he moved onto oliver. the two boys didn't dare say a word as spiderman untied oliver, and for five seconds after, neither knew what to say to each other.

"so." peter said with a cough. oliver's head shot up to look at the masked hero.

"look, this isn't how i wanted you to officially see me." oliver sighed, twirling a large snowflake between his fingers on his left hand.

"me neither, oliver."

"wait."

oliver's hand reached out and swiped the mask off his head, ruining peter's sweaty hair. oliver's hand flew to his mouth and he gasped at the unmasked man.

"peter?" oliver whispered with a shaky breath.

"yes."

"how, what? i should've known."

"i knew it was you too oliver."

"that day on the subway, i knew your voice i fucking should've said something, i wasn't stupid."

"i was too stupid to truly realize who it was, we're both on the same boat."

"and i've seen you at midtown tech! agh this is hurting me."

"oliver, i'm so so sorry i've kept this from you, my identity, and who i work with, and who my friends are and my family and everything and just i wish i had the balls to tell you, but i fucking don't, i literally don't and for that i'm so so sorry."

"peter, calm down, it's okay."

"no it's not oliver because this whole time i've lied to you."

"look, i don't know what you're referring to but peter parker and oliver davis marquez have spoken very few words, but freeze ray and spiderman have shared many together and that they will continue to do, and so will oliver and peter."

"i just-i'm so sorry that i've kept everything from you."

"come on, lets go back to my home and we'll talk over a cup of hot chocolate?"

"sure, oliver?"

"yeah?"

peter hesitated, he just wanted to look at that face. for what had felt like forever he had pondered who that boy was underneath the mask that he so helplessly wished to unveil. and now he was looking at it. his eyes were astounding, brown and grey, but so wonderful to look at, his skin was freckled in all the right places helping to hide the few blemishes that he had. peter longed to touch his soft curls that bounced gently in the unforgivingly cold october wind. his plump lips parted softly, wanting to say something, but refused to, instead the words dripping off his tongue silently. peter shook his head and smiled.

"uhm, uh, nothing, nevermind." peter stuttered. oliver chuckled and then held out a hand to peter.

"come on, i'll give you a lift."

peter took his hand and pulled his mask over his face, oliver doing the same. they shared a prompt nod and then oliver shot out a stream of ice and skated across it at a speed so fast that peter had to activate ice mode on his suit to keep up. thank you tony stark.

this was rushed kids

im so freakin sorry but yeah! i can't wait to give more depth to oliver!

i love and appreciate yall💖

much love, vinnie