Chapter 11

One of my favorite tv shows growing up😩^^
***
Saint Smith
It was now around 9:30 and Cass had still been at my moms place. We went inside to watch Saturday morning tv because she had gotten cold. Just like the old times.

I watched her sit next to me on the couch with her knees pressed to her chest, while her chin rested on them.

"You really rocking the hell out of my sweater huh?" I smiled.

She looked down at it. "Yeah it's comfy." She shrugged.

"You could keep it, it's lowkey small for me anyways. Had it since sophomore year." I chuckled.

"Aw! Thanks!" She giggled, punching me in the shoulder.

The Proud Family came on. Cassie and I loved this show when we used to hang out.

"You and me will always be tight, family every single day and night..." She sang barely letting the words pass her lips.

"Even when ya start acting like a fool..." I sang, looking over at her.

"You know I'm loving every single thing you do" we sang together, looking into each other's eyes.

"I know that I can always be myself." She smiled, resting her hand on her chest.

"Around you more than anybody else" I smiled back.

"Everyday as I'm heading off to school, you know there's no one I love as much as you..." we sang in unison.

We stood up from the couch, now doing little dance moves to go with the song.

"Family, a family
Proud family
They'll make you scream
They'll make you wanna sing
It's a family thing
A family thing
Proud, Proud family
Proud Family
They'll push your buttons!
They'll make you wanna hug 'em
A family, a family
Proud, Proud family" we sang in unison. But of course Cassie out sang me.

"Damn girl...you got the pipes." Some one from behind us said, stealing the words right out of my mouth.

We both turned around in shock, only to see my moms.

"Ohhh! This must be-" my mom started before I cut her off.

"Cassie. It's Cassie ma." I smirked. I already knew she was going to forget her name so I corrected her before she could say anything else.

"H-hi Ms. Smith." Cassie stuttered, blushing full of embarrassment.

I saw the look on my moms face. I already knew what she was thinking. She thought that since I had a girl over that I've known since I could remember, we were watching tv on her couch while she wore my hoodie that, we were talking.

Cassie and I were rekindling a long lost friendship. Nothing more, nothing less. We had our own problems and situations to handle. It would be weird if we over stepped that boundary.

"Cassie could I speak to you for a second?" My mom asked.

Cassie hesitantly walked around the couch to meet my mom in the door way of the hallway.

"Wait ma what're you-" I said before she cut me off by simply holding her index finger to her mouth.

She clenched her robe tight, leading Cassie to the dining room.

I took a seat on the couch, lowering the tv volume so I could eavesdrop on their conversation.

I listened for about 30 seconds before my mom caught on and realized I was paying attention to their conversation.