10 | Safe & Home

Maria ♡

         I stood in the doorway of the Hemsworth mansion as I watch the car park in the driveway. Bryce leaps out and glances at me real quick before going to the other side of the car. I step out and decide to go help Alyssa. I heard she was injured along with a few more passengers. 

Bryce opens the door and I look in to see Alyssa sleeping peacefully inside. I look down to her feet to see it was wrapped up. What happened?

I reach in to unbuckle her seatbelt. Wrong move! Because Bryce did the same thing and we ended up touching eachother's hands. I stop and I turn to him and he does the same. I stop breathing at the closeness. My heartbeat was increasing. He clears his throat and looks away. He unbuckles the seatbelt and carefully picks Alyssa out of the car and I shut the car door.

      * * *

"How are you feeling?" I ask when Alyssa was finally awake. I was in her room, wiping her body for her. Bryce was still in the shower. The maids told me Alyssa wanted to see me.

She looks ahead. "I'm fine I guess."

"What happened?" I asked her.

"The plane had an engine problem and we were going down. Mike was serving food and well, the thing was metal and it rolled down the aisle and crashed into my legs." Alyssa sighs.

"I'll help you get back on those feet Lys." I smile at her and she smiles back just as the bathroom door opens and Bryce walks in. He sees me and frowns. "Get out now."

Alyssa looks at me and nods,"Talk to you later okay?"

I smile and quietly make my way out of the room.

          * * *

"Is Alyssa awake?" A handsome guy in a tux questions when he comes inside to see me scrubbing the floor.

"Yes, she's in the library." I answer, standing up. I lead him to the library where Alyssa was sitting down with a blanket over her legs and a thick book in her as she reads.

She looks up and smiles brightly,"Brother!" She tries to stand up but couldn't and the guy who is her brother goes and engulfs her in a hug. I sigh. I miss my siblings. I was deep in thought as I head back downstairs to continue my job as Cinderella.

Then I turned left and bumped into a wall. Before I could fall, someone grabs me by the waist so I don't fall on my ass. I look up and met the cold eyes that belongs to none other than Bryce. I stand up straight and pull away.

"Watch where your going, Abernathy." He snaps and walks off.

"What did I ever do to you, Bryce? What's your problem!?" I snap back, anger pulsing through my veins.

I don't deserve to be treated like this.

"You, you are my problem." He said sternly, glaring daggers at me.

                    Alyssa

"Mother is worried about you, Alyssa." Nico, my older brother, said as he sat down with me.

I laugh. "She shouldn't be. I'm a strong woman."

"Of course you are. You are my sister." Nico pinches my cheek and I slap his hand with a smile on my face.

"What did I ever do to you, Bryce?! What's your problem?!"

Nico and I look at eachother when we heard someone shouting. Nico gets up and pushes my wheelchair. We reach the stairs and I saw Bryce and Maria against the wall as they argue heatedly. Bryce was very angry. I can see because he keeps clenching and unclenching his hand.

"You know what!? I'm out! I hate you. You're an asshole." Maria pushes Bryce away. "I'm leaving."

"That's the best news ever!" Bryce laughs and watches Maria glare at him.

"But if you leave Maria. Your father is still going to prison." Claire said and I turn around to see her standing beside Nico and I. The bickering two look up and then glare at eachother.

"So? Let her leave." Said Bryce.

"Bryce, enough! Stop! Just stop it." I scold him. "Nico, take me away."