Chapter 32

Jennie twisted around in her bed, as constant nightmares invaded her slumber.

•••

It has been months since Jennie had arrived in New Zealand. Months since she's last seen Jisoo.

However the pain of her heartbreak was still as raw as ever. She cries herself to sleep every night, still hoping that it was somehow just a nightmare.

Despite it all, she wakes up every morning to the bitter reality that everything isn't fine.

She was losing her mind, the pain was constantly eating away at her heart. She hasn't eaten anything but drink sips of water for the past few weeks.

But even then, drinking water had been a struggle for her.

Jennie had lost the will to do anything. She was alone and heartbroken. She wanted to die.

Jennie looks over towards her bedside to see where the container of sleeping pills rested on her nightstand.

Slowly, she reaches over and grabs the container.

Opening the cap, she pours out a handful of pills. Staring at the pills in her hand, Jennie debated whether she should just end it all.

The pain, the torture, the cruelty and sufferings of her life. It would all fade away.

Her death would be painless. It'll end everything.

And with that thought, Jennie gulped down the handful of pills that once rested in her hand.

•••

"Jennie!"

"Jennie-ah!"

"Wake Up Jennie-ah!"

"Jennie!"

Jennie's eyes snapped open. She finds herself staring straight into Jisoo's eyes. Eyes that were lit with worry and anxiousness.

Jennie immediately sat up in her bed as she threw her arms around Jisoo, stunning the older girl.

Jisoo slowly wrapped her arms around Jennie's small waist as she tries to comfort the younger girl.

Jisoo: Shhh~ Everything is gonna be fine.

Jennie bursts into tears as memories of the past flooded her mind. It hurts too much.

It hurts too god damn much.

Jisoo: What's wrong Jennie-ah? Tell me what's wrong.

Jennie shook her head as she buries it into the crook of Jisoo's neck.

Jisoo: It's all gonna be okay.

They stayed like that for another 30 minutes until Jisoo realized that Jennie had fallen asleep in her arms.

Not wanting the younger girl to wake up sore in the morning, Jisoo carefully lays her back down on the bed.

She made sure that Jennie's pillow was situated comfortably beneath her head, before gently placing a blanket over the younger's small frame.

As Jisoo turns to leave, Jennie's hand had reached out to hold her back.

Jisoo turns back to face the younger girl.

Jisoo: Jennie-ah, I thought you were asleep.

Jennie: Can... can you stay with me tonight?

Jisoo's eyes soften up upon seeing Jennie's pleading look. She gives the younger girl a small smile before nodding her head.