It is done

"Step back brother, there is three more lashes to go!" Michael said angrily.

"Are you seriously going through with it, even if it means she will never speak to you ever again? Even if it means she might die, her body is not made to withstand five lashings! Are you prepared to lose your soulmate?" Edward asked him, through gritted teeth, hoping he got his message across.

"I said step away!" Michael roared, "no one is exempt from punishment! She broke the law, and now she has to pay the price."

Edward took a long inhalation of breath, and stepped back. His brother is not listening to reason, but he will regret his actions soon enough, he thought sadly.

Michael raised his arm in the air, and Kyra straightened her back, ignoring the burst of pain that claimed her back, and stood proudly on her own two feet, and her piercing gaze looked straight at Michael, silently letting him know that she is not afraid. She had no way of knowing that Michael saw that in a very negative way, and he trembled with fury.

Michael cracked the whip again, and as it sliced in her broken body, Kyra was unable to hold herself up anymore, and she dropped on her knees, but she did everything she could to hold back her tears. She did not want to give him the satisfaction that he craved.

Someone from the huge crowd called out for mercy, just as Michael prepared to lash the whip again. Soon everyone was chanting mercy, because they knew that after the third lashing, the law states that if enough people call out for mercy, and if the leader decided to listen, he can stop the punishment at anytime thereafter, but Michael was boiling with rage, the image of his betrothed in his brothers arms burned in his mind, and trembling with rage he cracked the whip, and heard Kyra gasp in pain, and the crowd went wild with fury.

"Mercy! Mercy! Mercy!" The crowd shouted, as they shoved and pushed to get in the front row, and see what the Druid Prince, their chief and leader would do next.

Michael walked to where Kyra lay in pain, dropped on one knee, and whispered for her ears alone, "Unchain my heart and set me free!" His voice was hoarse, and very emotional, but Kyra placed her elbow in front of her for support, and pushed herself up slowly. Her knees were shaking, her back was broken, and every breath that she took, speared pain through her entire body, but she was determined to stay standing, to show him that she will not yield!

The crowd gasped out loud when they saw the fearless way she held her broken body up in front of Michael, and silence fell throughout the courtyard, and lady Lidia, who could not stand it anymore, broke free from her sons grip, and ran up to Kyra, and wrapped her arms around her.

"I will take the fifth lash for her Michael, this child will die if you whip her again!" She yelled,

Michael knew not what to do. The huge crowd continued to yell for mercy, and his mother was in his way, holding up Kyra's body that had fallen on her for support. It was only a matter of time before she passed out.

Edward walked up to his brother and reached out and grabbed the leather whip from his hand. Michael took a deep inhalation of breath, and roared out loud, to make sure that everyone heard his warning, "let this be a warning to all of you today, that no one is exempt of punishment, the law is the law!" And having said that he turned around and marched into the castle and headed straight for the library. Slamming the door shut, he stomped to the huge window, and looked out.

Pain speared through his heart, as he watched Kyra fall unconscious in his mothers arms. Edward stepped foward quickly, and lifted Kyra in his arms, and his brothers crowded around their mother, who was in a state of panic, as they all hurriedly walked to the castle.

The feelings deep in his heart were torturing Michael, he still loved her, and the pain was unbearable. Placing his hand on his heart, he knew that he will always love her, she was like a drug in his veins. He closed his eyes shut, and could not stop the flow of tears that glided down his handsome chiseled face.

You have all brought me to number 12 on the hot list!!! Thank you soooo much!!! Please help me reach the top, vote and comment and I will write you a story that is out of this world.!!!! Thank you kindly for supporting my work!!!! Xox xoxoxoxoxo