Chapter 29: Goodbye

Chase

Holy fuck that was too close.

Sitting in James' office had never bothered me. He didn't scare me. But when it comes to Isabella I'm a nervous wreck. She makes me vulnerable. For a moment before entering into his office I thought it was because he suspected something was going on between me and Isabella.

Walking out of James' office I slowly crept up the stairs and returned to my post outside of Bella's room. As I remained frozen by her door I remembered the words James had spoken to me about not going into her room. But James was currently preoccupied beating her friend up in the basement. He wouldn't be coming up to visit her for some time.

I have to see her.

She has this deadly hold on me like a drug. I keep coming back for more. I want to hear her beautiful sweet voice that calms my demons inside. I want to hold her and shield her from all the darkness in her world.

Fuck it.

Pulling out the key from inside in jacket pocket I unlock the door with haste before glancing around the halls to ensure there was nobody insight to inform James. No person could be seen so I quickly opened up the door and eased myself in quietly.

My gaze fell to my precious angel leaning against the head of the bed rest eating the grapes that a maid had left for her. Upon hearing the door shut her eyes looked up to me and her lips quirked up into a sad smile. I walked over to her before kneeling before her and gently moving away a few fallen strands of hair that had fallen in front of her beautiful eyes.

"Are you okay? I didn't want to leave you alone with him after everything he did to you". I asked, my voice cracking slightly at the possibilities of what he could've done to her.

My hand fell to her cheek cupping it gently as I gazed into her blue eyes that glistened with unshed tears.

"I'm okay Chase. He came to apologise, but I threw it back in his face. I can't forgive him after everything he's done".

I let out a slight chuckle. My angel is so strong even after everything she's been through. I love that little fire in her.

"I know. He had a little chat with me too. I need to be honest with you Bella". Bella's head titled to the side in confusion like a little puppy.

"When you were on the run in Bora Bora I was put in charge of hacking the cctv and looking for you through that. I was watching the cctv footage at a park and that's when I saw you. You were talking frantically on a payphone and I was watching you for a good few minutes. I was going to tell boss where you were, but seeing the happiness on your face I knew I couldn't. I had to delete the footage otherwise I'd be done for so I lied and said that the officials in Bora Bora had tried hacking back the cameras. I think he believed me".

Bella's mouth was agape and her eyes wide open. I struggled to decipher how she was feeling but there were too many emotions on her face. Fear, happiness, confusion, relief and uncertainty.

Without realising Bella had jumped up and wrapped her arms around me tightly. Startled at her suddenness I reciprocated the hug and wrapped my arms around her and hugged her back.

"Thank you Chase. Thank you for not informing James. I was happy because I was able to make contact with Louise"-

Bella pulled back abruptly before running her hands through her hair and started frantically looking around before her gaze fell back to me.

"Chase I need to see Louise. I told her I'd meet her at her house when I got back. Please can you help me. I need to see her". She pleaded frantically.