Chapter 12- Questionnaires

Looking at her phone, Luna noticed the text confirming the local they would lunch at. The same place they always did. Giving a small slap on her face, Luna snapped out of it. They had barely met, why was she acting in such a way? Maybe because she had spent so many years being treated so badly that the first men that showed her kindness she would mistake for something else? Was she that stupid? He was going to get married to a good girl, and she should go fishing somewhere else.

Arriving at the place they had scheduled, Luna went to the table they always got. Next to the window on a hidden corner.

"Hi, sorry. I'm late, had some things to deal with at the company." Luna said looking at the man. "Oh, hi. Didn't see you there."

Staring at the woman sitting next to the man, Luna showed a bright smile. Damn, why did Katherine have to be so charming?

The woman wore a usual female heir attire. A simple white dress, not too tight but still hugged her curves, some ballerinas and a rosy pink cardigan. Her makeup was simple, her hair perfectly put in place, wearing the big diamond ring on her finger, which in the previous encounter Luna hadn't seen, but it still matched with the solitary on her neck. Trying her best not to appear judging the woman, Luna stuck to looking at her eyes and smiling.

"Hello, Luna right?" The woman asked, which Luna only smiled, sitting on the table in a swift delicate movement.

"Have you ordered already?" She asked in which the man denied.

Looking at the side, she spotted the waiter she knew. Calling him over, they ordered.

"Forgive me for rushing things. It's just that I have a meeting after this." She said, her tone was quite dry, but she was way too tired and way too hungry to care.

Katherine looked surprised. Staring at the woman, she didn't know what to think.

"Luna is the CEO of Moonlight Entertainment." Leonard explained, making the red head comply. Her mother had not told her about any of this, but once again, when was the last time they actually spoke to each other?

"Congratulations." She said, as she noticed her smile wouldn't reach her eyes she look down at her glass of wine and took a sip.

"Thank you. "

Letting a beat sink in, Leonard cleared his throat.

"If you were so busy today you could have rescheduled for another day." He said with sincerity.

Luna denied with her head. She had to keep it just as business.

"No, I am glad it wasn't postponed. I have some plans I would like to discuss with you." She started.

Keeping her fake smile up, Katherine was bored. In her mind this encounter would be something epic. She had felt some kind of tension between the two and she wanted to explore it. Who would have thought that they would actually discuss business? Eating her salad, she felt helpless as she didn't understand half of what was spoken. Was it a mistake to show unannounced? She had cancelled a brunch with her close friends for this. Was it too late to pretend she had to go home?

"Well, I guess it's settled then." The woman said. Because of the time spent speaking she had barely eaten her pasta.

Katherine stared at it, trying to remember when was the last time she had allowed herself to indulge in such a delight of carbs. Noticing it was over she was relieved. Looking at her supposed fiancé she smiled. Yes, he was indeed good looking, he was rich and influential but he could be so bland at times. It bored her to the chore. Why did she choose him anyway? She should have chosen that Jewellery heir. He was at least entertaining.