Chapter 15.

Malia was ready to start planning the wedding now that she knew Carol was getting help , but Davis wasn't up for it at all.

"So I was thinking our colors could be navy blue , white , and beige?" Malia suggested.

"Baby Girl, I'm not trying to talk about that right now. My mama has a doctor's appointment I need to get her to."

She frowned , "Oh Okay."

"My dad's coming over tonight and—"

"Oh I hope he's not bringing his fiancé." Malia said.

"No. He's not if he does I'll kill him. He knows I cannot stand that woman. He's coming over to spend time with my mom."

"I thought they weren't talking anymore?"

"They're not , but ever since she told him about her being sick , he checks up on her every single day. I bet when she gets the surgery he will disappear like a ghost on her. That's what he always does. He sticks around for the moment when times are bad, then when everything is all good, he leave again until something bad happen."

Malia stood up to kiss Davis who was getting dressed. "Baby it's okay. You know how your father is , so just ignore it. Don't let it get to you."

"Is those six weeks up yet?" He asked rubbing on her body.

She laughed , "No boy. I got another week to go, then I'm all yours."

He nodded and kissed her more before leaving.

After the doctor's appointment, Davis received good news. His mother will be able to get the surgery as soon as possible and he even paid in advance , so he wanted to celebrate.

"Davis why do you have all these bottles of wine?!" Malia asked as he walked in with Carol.

"Girl he wants to celebrate for my surgery. I get to have next Tuesday." Carol said and Malia sighed of relief. "That's good. Give me a hug!"

"You should invite your parents Malia." Davis suggested.

"Sure. That'll be great. They haven't seen Brayden since they got back."

"And you should invite your dad." Carol said.

Davis froze and looked down at the wine bottles. "I'll think about it."

"Oh come on Davie. He's your dad for crying out loud. If something happened to me-"

"Nothing is gonna happen to you. You're getting the surgery so we're good." He spat. He got angry every time Davon's name was brought up.

"I'm still going to invite him over Davis. So please don't start any shit." Carol said pulling out her phone.

Everyone arrived. Maila's parents, Hanna , Davon, Germany and Braxton , and even her mom Alivia.

"Oh goodness , I haven't seen you in so long Carol. I'm so glad your getting help." Alivia said hugging her.

"Yes.  I'm glad to. Please help yourself to some wine and pizza. It was Davis' idea." She laughed.

Davis was in the kitchen gathering more wine glasses and plates when he got a tap on his broad shoulder. Turning , it was Hanna. Looking so...edible he thought.

"Hi." She smiled.

"Hey." He smiled back.

"So uh, what's the occasion for tonight?" She raised an eyebrow still smiling.

"My mom has cancer, but she's getting surgery so I wanted to celebrate" he handed her a wine glass.

"Thanks." She smirked and walked off.