Chapter 16.

Davis came downstairs to the smell of bacon. Carol was cooking for the family.

"Morning mama." He said kissing her cheek.

"Morning." She said. "I know what you did last night."

Davis froze as he sat his cup down. "What do you mean ma?"

Carol turned to him , "Davis I'm not stupid. I saw you and Hanna."

Busted.

"Oh shit. Ma I'm sorry it's been a long time and-"

"I don't wanna hear that. You should be apologizing to your fiancé"

He sighed , "Mama. I can't tell her. This shii— I mean marriage will be over before it started."

"That's exactly how I was."

"What do you mean?" He asked.

She turned the stove off. "I never told you the story of how your dad and I actually got together. I was just like Hanna. Vulnerable and lonely. I needed a man , well I wanted a man. There your father was. He was my business partner and he was engaged to my best friend. I didn't care though because she was always gone with her coworkers so I just swoop down and comforted him. We fell for each other and she left him so he got with me and now here we are."

"So stole your best friend's fiancé?"

"Yes. It's like she never wanted him though and I was all for him. I waited on him when I couldn't got a new man."

"Which you did. James." He added.

"Right. I was dating him for a while when your father got back with Cynthia. Then he found out she was pregnant with his best friend's baby , which is—-"

"Jasmine."

"Exactly. Twisted shit right? Don't Davis. Please whatever happened last night—"

"What happened last night?" Malia asked walking in holding Brayden.

Carol turned to her, "Nothing sweetie. GoodMorning, would you like some breakfast?"

Malia smiles , "GoodMorning. No thank you."
She walked over to Davis and gave him a long, sexy , juicy kiss.

"GoodMorning to you too sexy." He smacked her ass.

"Hey don't do that in front of me." Carol joked.

Davis laughed "I gotta go. I'll see y'all later. Love y'all." He said kissing Brayden and Malia, then his mom and left.

——

"What is this?" Davis asked looking at a happy Hanna.

"All the revues we've gotten for our clothing line." She smiled.

"You mean your clothing line?"

"No Davis. It's ours. You signed the contract at the launch. So it's ours."

Davis had a straight face. He was full of guilt.

"Oh my God. Malia didn't find out did she? What the—"

"No she didn't. She almost did. Look Hanna whatever happened between us last night can we just erase it?" He asked.

"Sure. Yeah that's fine. It's erased." She smiled then left.

Jasmine soon walked into Davis' office. "Erase what?" She smirked.

"What are you doing here?! Don't you have a child to take care of??" Davis spat.

"She's with her nanny thank you very much. I'm coming back here." She smiled.

"Then I'm leaving." He said.