T W E N T Y - S I X | It's Perfect

{Pic of Neel}

Song: Budapest

Artist (s): George Ezra

Don't let yesterday take up too much of today.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************

"Are you ready?"

"More now than ever" I replied in a hushed whisper as the judge walked in. It had been a week since I had presented all the evidence to the cops in regards to Tobias and my step-father and today we were finally sitting in a court room waiting for justice to be served. Officer Gail had managed to find us a lawyer who was coincidently his best friend, who in turn wanted to fight out case for free.

I looked over my shoulder towards Neel and the twins sitting in the crowd who gave me a reassuring nod before looking over at officer Gail who did the same.

"Court is in session, please be seated" The judge called out allowing us to sit back down.

"At this time the court calls the people of the state of California versus Tobias Anthony Williams and Tom Williams. Case number 03065. Will the parties please state their appearances for the record" Both lawyers stood up giving the introductions sending my nerves into a frenzy. After the introductions the jury instructed to rise so they could be sworn in. As the trial started my heart sunk further and further.

Unconsciously I had stopped listening to my surroundings and instead tried to focus on my own heartbeat, trying to ignore the two burning gazes that were instilled on me. The evidence was given and the only time I was pulled out of my trance was when I was called to give my testimony. Catching my breathe I made my way over and took a seat before taking my oath.

Once I was given the indication to start, I cleared my throat and begun.

"I was ten when I first met Tobias and Tom. My mom and Tom were dating and they soon got married. A few months later my mom was diagnosed with cancer and passed away, after that I was Tom's responsibility. That's when it started. They began beating me up, torturing me and once I hit puberty they began sexually abusing too." I looked for Neel in the crowd and let out a sigh of relief when I spotted him. Getting a surge of confidence whether it was fuelled by Neel or my anger, I don't know which, but I turned to look straight at the bastards.

"You drained me of my identity and injected self-doubt into my veins. Left me questioning my own sanity, walking around aimlessly at war with my own body. My mental state was shaken to its core. You'd taken me to the brink of insanity and there was nothing I could do about it." At this point angry tears were streaming down my cheek.

"That was until I met Neel, who brought me back. Taught me to believe in myself and taught to fight. Against people like you." I glanced at Neel for a split second before turning away.

"Why didn't you tell anyone before? Why didn't you report it?" The lawyer questioned. I scoffed.

"I did." I looked him straight in the eye. "I was called a liar". After leaving the testimony box, everything happened so fast. Tobias and Tom were both given 28 years prison as well as a restraining order.

Leaving the court room I thanked the lawyer before trying to meet everyone.

"Olivia" Neels voice rang around but I couldn't spot him. Not until a pair of arms wrapped themselves around my waist pulling me in.

"I'm so so so proud of you" Neel whispered into my ear.

"And us" two voices rang out before I was enclosed into a group hug.

"I love you guys" I laughed finally feeling content in life.

"We love you too." Julius replied.

"We need to celebrate. Dinners on me" Julian yelled fist-pumping the air. The twins ran off to get the car leaving Neel and I in a peaceful silence.

"I need to find officer Gail" I realised looking around.

"I heard my name" a voice laughed behind me. Without saying anything I just hugged him.

"Thank you. Thank you so much" Officer Gail replicated me wrapping his arms around me.

"Don't. I'll here whenever. Wherever. I promise. I have a job to get back to" He ruffled my hair before he turned around to leave. I sighed turning back around to face Neel who already had his arms open waiting for me to step in, which I happily did.

"I love you" Neel pecked my hair.

"I love you too." I took a step back to look at the beauty of a man in front of me.

"Thank you" I smiled up at him. He just shook his head, leaning in towards me. I followed his lead. Just before we could meet, a shrill voice interrupted us.

"Get in losers, we're getting dinner" I couldn't help but laugh at Julian.

"Alright, you little bitch. We're coming" Neel yelled back taking my hand and leading the way. Rolling the windows down, I allowed the wind to flow through my hair as Neel wrapped an arm around shoulder humming to the song playing on the radio.

My life hasn't always been perfect. But this right here, it's perfect.

********************************************************************************************************************************************

Before anyone says something let me just say if this trail happened in real life the longest punishment the duo would get is around 16-17 years for their combined crimes because that's just how this world works. For me, that wasn't good enough so I had to bust it up.

Anyway this is a short chapter because it is the final one. There will be an epilogue up, but I can't be sure when. Please...

Vote.

Comment.

Share.