Uno (Buster Bros x Reader)

Staring at your deck of cards, you put on your best poker face as you eyed the three brothers.

Ichiro stared at his cards with a blank expression, shuffling them around sometimes. You could only assume he was color-coordinating it.

Meanwhile, Jiro and Saburo eyed each other, not touching their cards at all.

"So...you guys ready to start?" You asked as you flipped over the first card on the top deck, revealing a blue 4.

~

(Back to the beginning)

Now, the Yamada family didn't plan on playing Uno at all tonight. But when you visited their home and pulled out the pack of cards, Saburo's eyes lit up in slight excitement. "Why not we play a round of Uno guys?" You suggested, an innocent smile on your lips.

Jiro, who had been resting on the couch next to Ichiro, looked up at you with disinterest. "Why should we play? It's just another card game."

"Come on, Jiro! It sounds like a fun game." Ichiro said, placing a hand on his brother's shoulder before he got off the couch. Thank god Ichiro didn't need to be convinced, you thought with a small sigh of relief.

You could see Jiro think about it before he glanced over at Saburo. Just as he was about to change his mind, you quickly convinced him. "Jiro. If you win, I'll buy you any anime merchandise you want!" That seemed to get his attention. "But if you lose, you'll have to...borrow me your hat for the whole week!"

(I'm just assuming Jiro's hat was given to him by Ichiro. Sounds like a cute fan canon no?)

He looked offended at the losing bet, but he quickly replaced that look with a confident one. "Hah! I'll make sure to win! Prepare to buy me a new light novel!" With that, two of the three brothers were willing to play Uno with you.

When you looked over at Saburo, he quickly faced the other direction. "Hey Saburo~, If I remember you love playing card games right?" You sneaked up behind him and waved the pack of Uno in front of his face.

Saburo glared up at you as he moved the cards away, "So? Doesn't mean I want to play it right away."

"But don't you want to see Jiro lose? To a girl of all people?" You asked a small smirk on your lips.

"Oi! I can hear you! I'm not going to lose to you!" Jiro shouted from the table. "Just let Saburo be, he's the one who's scared to lose to a girl~."

"Hah!? Like hell I'm scared! Bring it!"

And now all three Yamada brothers were seated around the table. Let the war begin!

~

(Now back to the present! It'll go like this. Saburo -> Jiro -> Reader -> Ichiro. Youngest to oldest~)

It had been an hour or two since you started the first round and so far, no one had even reached one card except Ichiro before he got hit by a +2 by you, which earned you some glares from his two brothers.

"It's time to avenge, Ichi-nii," Jiro said to himself deviously as he placed down a +4. You let out a fake gasp of betrayal before you placed down a +4 yourself.

A look of regret crossed Jiro's face as you grinned triumphantly, "Looks like you just dug a deeper hole for your dear Ichi-nii yourself, Jiro~." You taunted.

Meanwhile, Ichiro looked conflicted as he stared at the cards. He had a +4 of his own but did he want to risk passing it on to Saburo? Looking over at his youngest brother, he made eye contact with him. Ichiro could see the pleading look in Saburo's eyes before he came to a decision. "S-sorry, Saburo." He apologized as he placed down the card.

Saburo had to collect 12 cards! You wondered if that was a good thing, Ichiro avoided looking at Saburo, but Jiro just stared at his little brother head-on with a cocky smirk. "So~ you won't lose huh?"

Glaring at Jiro with the heat of a thousand suns, he slapped down a +4 which he had freshly picked from his added 12 cards. "You're going to regret those words!"

You and Ichiro watched as round after round, Saburo kept increasing Jiro's deck of cards. "Is there no other plus cards in here!?" Jiro complained as he picked up another two cards. "Did you shuffle properly?" He hissed at you.

"I did. Your luck is just terrible." You stuck your tongue out at him while you hid your cards, hoping they won't notice you were down to 2 cards.

Saburo, who still hadn't gotten over the +12 cards, he directed his stare onto you now. "Why are you hiding your cards, (Y/n)?"

"No reason... Aha!" You slapped down your card, now down to one card. But you seemed to have forgotten to say something. "Oh wait! U-"

You didn't even get to say the word 'Uno' when Saburo and Jiro slapped the table, both simultaneously shouting, "SHE DIDN'T SAY UNO!!!"

"YOU BASTARDS!"

"...Can everyone calm down? It's only a game." Ichiro said as he gestured for all three of you to take your seats. Jiro and Saburo listened, glaring at each other while you glared at him.

"Ichiro, it's never a game. It'll never be a game."

~

In the end, Ichiro had won with a sigh. He was just glad the game was over. "I'm never letting the three of you play Uno together again." He said as he looked at the three of you, who had collapsed to the table out of exhaustion and defeat.

He picked up Saburo first and brought him back to his room before it was Jiro's turn next. "I guess it's fine if I let you sleep in my bed for the night." He whispered to himself as he looked down at your fast asleep form, a small smile on his lips.

Picking you up carefully, he carried your sleeping form to his bedroom where he tucked you in. Finding comfort in his scent, you hugged one of his pillows close to your chest.

"Heh, cute." With that, he headed out of his room and to the living room couch where he slept for that night.

(Extra)

"Ichiro..." You called out to him, gently shaking him by the shoulder. Letting out a yawn, he removed his arm that covered his eyes and squinted up at you.

"Yeah? What do you want, (Y/n)?" He asked, his voice all groggy which you found adorable.

You wrapped your arms around him and gave him a hug, "Thanks for letting me sleep in your bed for the night! You know, I could have taken the couch?"

Ichiro's eyes widened a bit in shock, not expecting you to hug him at all. But he soon returned the hug, a small blush on his cheeks. "Ah, it's alright. You're a guest in this house. So it's proper to have you sleep in a bed than on the couch."

Before you could remark, Jiro and Saburo's doors slammed open. The both of them came stomping out.

"You slept in Ichi-nii's bed!? You should have slept on the couch instead!" Jiro said as he glared at you, his eyes filled with jealousy.

"And you're hugging him? Unhand Ichi-nii right now!" Saburo too had the same look of jealousy.

You stuck your tongue out at them, "Hah! Fat chance! The early bird catches the worm!"

Ichiro let out a tired sigh. It was going to be another exciting morning in the Yamada household.