Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Julia's POV

I sit in the hall with the rest of the school and watch as two larger guys walk up to Max and pull him up, out of his seat. A small smile grows on my face when I realise what is happening.   

"Max, there has been a report and video proof that you have been fraternising with the enemy. The girl came forward and said she did not reciprocate, and you are going to be taken to the pole as punishment. Would you like to go willingly of by force?" One of the large boys says.

The entire hall watches in silence, waiting for him to respond. Max's eyes scan the hall and land on me, and a mix between hurt and anger crosses his face.

He gets up and walks out the hall and as soon as he is out, everyone immediately starts discussing what just happened. Some people even get up and follow to see what will happen next, and I get up and follow, as well.

We all walk out and watch as Max is tied up with rope against the pole. The entire time, he keeps his gaze locked with mine. He looks so disappointed.

He deserves it, the voice in my head chimes when the feeling of guilt starts to creep in.

Once he is tied up, a tray of food is brought for the crowd to throw. There are a lot of people in the crowd, more than what seems normal, but I guess this is a much bigger deal because Max is a spinner.

Surprisingly, nobody moves forward to throw anything at Max. He just stands with his hands tied above his head, waiting for something to happen.

I walk up to the table and smirk, deciding on what to throw at him. This is like the punishment of the dark ages, but I am sure it is a whole lot more embarrassing now than it was years ago. "Julia," Max whispers.

I glance up at him and there is now a mix of emotions in his eyes as he watches me. "What?" I ask.

"Please... don't."

"Why not? You know you deserve it, asshole."

"You know that I am sorry and that I didn't mean for it to happen. Please, you have to believe me. Even if you don't believe me, just don't do this. I'm begging you."

I grab a pen from the little table and walk up to Max, then pull the lid off and write the words 'I hate you' on his forehead, knowing that the fact that he doesn't know what it says will annoy him more than anything.

"What did you write?"

"Wouldn't you like to know," I mutter.

"Why? Why are you doing this? It's going too far. Please stop."

"You know exactly why I am doing this."

"She kissed me. How many times do I have to say that? Either way, we were never a couple. Yeah, we hooked up a few times but that's it... we were not anything more than that and you need to get over yourself."

"You kissed her back," I state. I let out a fake chuckle and glance away. "I'm so relieved that it never went further than kissing. I can't imagine... if we actually..."

I go silent and stare at the ground. "My god, how many girls have you done this to? How many girls have you hurt like this? They gave you more than I did and you treated them like dirt. How could you do that? Do you not realise that we are people? You've messed with people's emotions like it's nothing. You deserve far worse than this, Max."

"But you're not like them-"

"Yes I am. I'm exactly like them. I was warned about you and I didn't care. I fell for you and I learnt the hard way, just like all those other girls you've hurt, that people like you don't change. People like you don't care."

"That's where you're wrong. I do care. You mean everything to me. That's what you don't seem to get. I'm crazy about you."

A few of the girls in the crowd let out 'aww's and some swoon slightly. I turn to them. "Don't let him trick you. He says these thing just because he wants you in bed. The only reason he is saying all of this is because he hasn't actually slept with me yet, so his game isn't over. I won't let him hurt me any more than he already did," I explain to the girls. They nod in understanding and I turn back to Max.

His eyes are closed and he looks defeated. "You don't get it."

"What? What don't I get?"

He sighs. "Forget it."

I shake my head and walk up to the table, then pick up a soft tomato. He watches me and shakes his head. "This is for all the girls you have humped and dumped, asshole. I'm done with your fucked up games!" I shout and throw the tomato at him. A few other girls cheer.

It hits his forehead and he closes his eyes, letting it run down his face and fall to the ground with a thud. He keeps his eyes closed for a while and then opens it again to look at me, but this time he stays silent.

His eyes... They are saying a million different things all at once.

I turn and walk away, and other people in the crowd pick up stuff and start throwing it at him, and some people just take out their phones to record the whole thing.

~~*~~

Ouch. Do you think he deserves it?

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylzk
S n a p c h a t : laylz_k

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG