25: Hydro Flask Saves the Day

Avery's view

Ezra and I spend the next few hours just cuddling and kissing each other, who knew staying home could be so wonderful.

Ezra is such a kind and caring person, but she loves to put up walls to not let people in. Probably because she has been hurt time after time, but I want to help her feel more comfortable around me.

I love her and I want her to feel what real love is.

After a while I hear my parents come home and I untangle myself from Ezra to get up.

"My parents are going to start working on dinner now. Do you want me to bring food up or...?" I ask her.

"Don't worry, love. I will go out and get food, I'll come back later," Ezra replies standing up next to me.

"Okay, now we need to figure out how I'm going to get you out of the house," I say.

Ezra points out the window to the balcony, "No, one of these days you will get hurt," I warn her.

"That won't be today, don't worry," she says giving me a big smile.

Ezra gives me a quick peck before dashing off to the balcony and trying to maneuver her way over it to get to the tree.

"God, her recklessness scares me so much," I whisper softly.

Ezra disappears as she makes it to the tree and I head downstairs to help my parents with dinner.

"How are you feeling now, Aves," my dad asks as he walks over to give me a hug.

"Better, I don't think I'm really sick. I'm fine now," I reply.

"Okay, good, now you can help me cut these carrots," suggests my mom.

I walk into the kitchen and start on the carrots; everything is going fine up until I almost cut my finger with the knife.

"Oh god, Aves, watch for your fingers," my mom says worriedly.

"Maybe it's best if I finish cutting the carrots," my dad suggests taking the knife from me.

"I'm useless when it comes to the kitchen," I joke.

"Yes you are," my mom comments.

"Your future kids will starve," my dad adds.

"Ha-ha, you guys are so funny," I reply helping them by setting up the table.

After a while we finish making salad and breaded chicken and sit at the table to eat. My dad tells us stories about the crazy and hilarious things his coworkers do during the job and my mom tells us about her new commercial plan and asks for our opinions.

Then my parents ask me about Ally and Ezra. I tell them, "Ally has a crush on a guy, and she tries to drop the poor dude so many hints, but he just won't get it. It's pretty funny."

"That poor girl is steps ahead of that young man. Tell Ally it will take him a long time to figure out, we are much slower to process some things," my dad jokes.

"And how are things with Ezra?" my dad asks.

"Things are going really good between them," my mom blurts out making me whine.

"Oh, really! What did I miss?" my dad asks my mom.

"So much, you see, Avery told Ezra that she likes her," my mom explains.

"You guys, I'm right here," I whine out, but laugh a second later.

"Does this mean that you two are together now?" asks my dad and my mom looks at me waiting in anticipation for my answer.

"Yeah, she is my girlfriend now," I reply happily.

"Oh my god, I'm so happy for you, Avery," my mom says.

"I like Ezra, she is good, I can tell how livelier you get around her," my dad adds.

"She's amazing," I admit.

"Aww someone is head over heels," my dad jokes.

"I'm so glad you are in a good, healthy relationship now. You will know what it's like to really love someone and have them love you back," my mom says.

"Yeah, you're right. I guess I have a lot to learn in my new relationship with Ezra, when I was with my ex, Sophie, I had a misconception about what it was like to be in a relationship," I explain.

"I know, honey, I'm sorry you got so hurt by her. But, remember, Ezra is nothing like her. Ezra is a very nice girl," my dad comments.

"Yeah, I agree," I say right before I hear a loud thud coming from upstairs.

"What was that?" asks my mom and dad.

"Um, probably something fell," I say.

"Maybe, I should go check it out," my dad says getting up.

I start to panic since it's probably Ezra falling into my room and I yell, "My hydro flask probably fell off my desk. I'm done with dinner so I'll just go up and clean the mess."

I dash upstairs and as I open the door I see Ezra face first on the ground groaning.

"Oh my god, are you okay, Ezra?" I ask going to her side and helping her up.

"Yeah. I would have made it to your room safely, but I tripped over your binder over there," she says pointing to the binder I left on the floor earlier today.

"Yikes, I'm sorry," I say.

"It's okay, at least I'm in your arms, that's the only thing that matters to me," she says smirking at me.

"Wow," I reply dropping her from my hands.

Ezra plops to the ground and starts laughing her ass off. "I should sue for you carelessly leaving your things everywhere," she teases.

"It's your fault for not paying more attention," I reply back.

"Says the infamous klutz," Ezra jokes.

I roll my eyes at her, "You're so annoying sometimes."

Ezra dramatically gasps, "Take that back."

"Make me," I tease back.

"Okay," Ezra says before jumping on my and knocking me down on the bed and pinning my arms up.

"Take it back," she says leaning closely to my face.

"Never," I reply.

Ezra smiles and then looks at my lips and leans in to kiss me. I wrap my arms around her neck and pull her closer to deepen our kiss.