Chapter 22: Cold

The water felt so nice. It was colder outside the pool than actually inside of it. My head rose out from the surface and I saw Ace watching me, one hand running through his hair and the other resting on his hip.

"You're crazy." He mumbled shaking his head.

"Come on, get in! Don't be such a grandpa!" I yelled floating on my back.

He locked eyes with me for a few seconds as I eyed him playfully. He sighed defeated and began unbuttoning his shirt. His abs were illuminated from below due to the swimming pool lights and they were even more pronounced. I almost forgot how to breathe. He took off his socks and his pants too, just letting his boxers on. He didn't think it twice and jumped into the pool. I lost him for a moment but his head popped out of the water as I turned around. His face a few inches away from mine.

"Hey." He whispered. His now soaked hair back and his eyelashes covered with water droplets. He opened his mouth filling it with water, then spit it out on my face.

I laughed as I grimaced and put my hands on top of his head pushing him underwater. I swam towards one of the ladders and sat down, moving my hands across the water. When he got out, he came a little bit closer.

"So." I said letting out a deep breath.

"What?" He asked coming closer.

I moved from the ladder and put my arms around his neck. "Resuming our conversation where we left off." He put his hands on my waist and I raised my legs to put them around him. He moved us around the swimming pool, leaving swirls of water behind us.

"Not again, please." He closed his eyes and bit his lower lip.

I laughed as I threw my head back. "So tell me. Why wouldn't Ace junior stand up?" I asked playfully cocking my head. I enjoyed so much the face he made when I called it like that.

He sighed lowly avoiding my gaze. "I don't know."

"Has it ever happened to you?" I asked still amused.

"Never." He whispered shaking his head.

"Then why now? Don't you like her?" I didn't know how I could put up with this situation since I really didn't want him to tell me how much he liked her. But my mind just needed to know it, to know that there were zero possibilities with him.

"I don't know." He bit the corner of his mouth and gazed at the water. He then glanced up at me under his eyelashes and lowered his voice until it was almost inaudible. "I guess she was not you."

My chest was about to explode because of my heart wanting to get out. My amused expression transforming into a serious one. I stared at him for a few seconds, my lips parted as I breathed. He was staring at me too. His eyes darkening as his pupils dilated.

Then I couldn't think anymore.

My lips found his as my hands found his cheeks. My tongue stroked the entrance of his mouth asking for permission, but he pulled apart quickly, obliging me to open my eyes as they met his.

"You're drunk." He retorted closing his eyes. Our mouths so close that I could feel his breathing against my lips.

"So?" I asked tilting his head up for him to look at me. He opened his eyes. "Isn't it what we always do?" He searched my eyes with his. He was hesitating. Why? He never did. What if I was drunk? Would that change anything?

"Ace-"

But before I could say anything his lips crushed against mine. His mouth devouring mine. Mine did it too, finding his tongue inside me. I suddenly felt hungry. But I didn't need food to satisfy me, I needed him. I was stroking his wet hair, pulling him against me. He pushed me against one of the walls, our bodies so close. He drove his hand to my chest, moving my bra aside and stroking my breasts, finding my nipples and pinching them, making them even harder than they already were because of the cold. He was driving me crazy, I could feel his bulge growing against me.