Not so Unrequited after all

(taking a break from villian Varian, this is varian who yes had his moment of losing it only to redeem himself.)

Lady Caine did it again, escaped with her goons and managed to avoid detection. But they had to wait, it was Rapunzels birthday. As (y/n) got ready, Varian came in covering his eyes to avoid looking at her. 

"I'm decent dork" she said finishing tying her bow behind her. Varian smiled as she walked over and tied his bow tie. "Ready for the party?" she asked her friend date.

"Ready as I'll ever be...Rather be in the lab with my lab partner but ehhh we cant have everything." he said to his best friend.

"Hey be happy, at least you got a date." she said twirling then bowing.

"as friends. better than going alone, or with pervs." he said not realizing how much she really wished it wasn't the case. But she masked her disappointment perfectly. 

"Yeah you're right, as always." she said and Varian smiled as they exited and heading down to the party. Everyone was standing around with glasses of punch, not drinking it yet. As Varian and (Y/n) got there glasses, she chugged hers down.

"You're not suppose to drink it yet. its suppose to be for the cheers to Rapunzel." he said and she looked him in the eyes.

"Sorry I'm just thirsty." she said refilling her glass. As everyone waited, soon Rapunzel came out, the King on one side and the queen on the other.

"my dear friends, today is my dear Rapunzels 22nd birthday. So on this day, we cheer for our princess, and future queen. Long live Rapunzel!" said King Fredrick as everyone lifted there glasses in cheers. But before they could drink a bunch of goons busted in thru the windows. 

"HA! YOU ALL HAVE BEEN POISONED!" Shouted a voice, that turned out to be lady Caine. "I drugged the punch bowl, now everyone-!" 

"Caine! They didn't drink yet!!" said one of the goons realizing. she looked as everyone held there glasses.

"Uh oh.." she said causing them to flee with the royal guard on there tails.

"Geez, not one birthday. Can't one birthday not be a day like this?" asked eugene as everyone put there glasses down.

"Probably not" said cass and there was a sound, (y/n) had dropped her glass, causing it to shatter on the floor. "hey? whats the matter."

"She already drank a whole cups worth..." said Varian now concerned. "She chugged it cause she was thirsty and refilled her cup!" he shouted now freaking out over is best friend. She trembled a bit as everyone stared. Cass ran and checked her over, only difference was now her pupils...had chained color to pink.

"(Y/n) you okay..?" Rapunzel asked gripping her arms. She looked up. 

"Varian...." she said turning to him, causing him to blink. 

"Yes?" he asked nervously, that is before she tackled him, causing him to fall back on the floor. He blushed, as she began to kiss him, all over his face.

"I love you. I love you." she kept saying over and over between kisses as he pushed her off.

"(Y/n), this isn't you! stop!" he said but she wouldn't. Cass finally yanked her off him, only to have her struggle, trying to get back to him. 

"Varian!" she kept calling over and over again.

"Stan! Pete! take her to her room! and Make sure she stays there!" said Fredrick, as the two guards grabbed her arms and dragged her upstairs. Her echos of screaming for Varian, begging and pleading all the way. He was in shock, only to go and grab a cup of punch.

"Ill examine it and work on an antidote." he said walking off to his lap. He Sat at his machine that analyzes anything and poured some in a test tube. Placing it in the middle of the machine as it began processing it. 

After about an hour, he was reading his book waiting for the tests to finish, only to have Eugene, Rapunzel and Cass come check on him.

"Any luck?" Eugene asked and he shrugged.

"Waiting for the results, if its a standard love potion its simple to reverse its affects. But without knowing what it is, we are at a stand still" he explained

"I thought this would be a dream come true. You always said you wished she loved you as much as you loved her." sighed Rapunzel and Varian growled.

"I don't want a love sick puppy. Someone whos FORCED to love me... That's not my (y/n)." he sad in a sad tone, as the machine dinged. He smiled standing an looking over the printed paper. His eyes went wide.

"What is it Varian?" asked Cass.

"It's not a love potion." he said covering his mouth.

"What? What do you mean?" they asked and he laughed.

"The person under the affects of this potion, its not limited to love, it has the user feel the feeling they hide the most. Say Casssandra had a blood driven desire to kill eugene, but kept it bottled up. If she drank the punch, you would see her chasing Eugene with an axe." he explained and Rapunzel went wide eyed.

"So (Y/n) is in love with you...." she said realizing. "She just hid it from everyone." Varian laughed, before running to the stairs, only to stop and programmed his machine to produce a possible outcome for an antidote. Then proceeded to run up stairs. 

One he got to to the 7th floor, (Y/n) screams for Varian were faintly heard. As he took steps closer to her room, there was a sound of chains clanking and screams becoming clearer and louder. She sounded in agony, as if she couldn't take being apart from him. He opened the door, her arms chained behind her as he kept trying to get up and run to find Varian. She saw him and it worked her up more. (imagine how rapunzel looked when Eugene came to save her)

"Hey Hey calm down (y/n). Just sit down and calm..." he said his hands in front of him, she plopped down on her but with knees to her sides. She whimpered, looking at him with a desperate look.

"Varian....Varian...." she said still struggling to free her hands but lazily.

"You were in love with me this whole time...and never said a word. Then again, I can be oblivious at times." he said standing in front of her.

"yes I admit it! please Varian! please!" she said beggingly. He smiled a bit, sitting down and scooting over to her.

"my pet needs her Varian?" he asked and she nodded. "You'll agree with anything i say... wow..." he said as she moved to his lap. He smiled at her. "You know when I fix this we are going to have a looooooong talk about our relationship." he chuckled and she smiled.

"Varian I love you..." she whimpered and he smirked.

"I know baby...come here." he said kissing her sweetly on her lips. "it will be a while before the antidote will be done...i guess i have my little pet for a while" he chuckled kissing her again, more passionately this time. The simple touch to her skin was enough to give her the attention she craved, that and his kisses. It was enough for now.