Shop

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Rows of glass beads sparkled under the bright lights, and fabric flowers bloomed to her right. Footsteps echoed down the nearby aisle before a form rounded the corner.

(F/n) didn't know what she had been expecting when she had entered the store. Her mind had been too sidetracked to read the building's sign. When she inspected her surroundings, though, the biography about Claude Monet and the interior design magazine with all of the paintings made sense. He worked in an art store or with one at least. Taking into consideration the cost of those magazine paintings, however, she wondered how high up he was in the business. Not to mention he had said that he had a meeting at the place, not a shift to cover.

A light, melodic chuckle hit her ears. "Have you ever been in an art store before?" She snapped out of her trance and glanced up to him. Some heat invaded her cheeks, and a small pout hit her lips.

Crossing her arms, she averted her eyes to the many aisles. "I just didn't know what part of the store you're working in." She looked back to him, and there was clear amusement in his eyes. "Are you a manager of this store?"

Edmund started to walk towards the cash registers, and he greeted the two cashiers kindly. They both exchanged a line of, "Good morning, Mr. Fex," as he walked by. Each of them returned to the customers they were currently helping. He exchanged a friendly smile to both of the customers but nothing more than that, trusting that his cashiers had asked them all of the proper customer service questions already.

"So, you are a manager?" She kept up right behind him, and she heard another chuckle from him. "Am I wrong?" Her tone held a little more frustration to it. "You can tell me if I am."

Reaching some stairs, he started to ascend them before he stopped midway. "You glossed over the sign?" he asked even though he had a knowing look within his eyes.

Hesitantly, she nodded. "But, I was ..."

Holding up his hands, he shook his head. "You don't have to explain yourself. I know that this day has been h*ll for you." He gave her an apologetic smile. "I really shouldn't be teasing you like this."

She sighed and she glanced down to her feet. "How about you tell me about your position once we get up these stairs?" She cracked a smile, trying to lighten the atmosphere once more. "My feet are killing me."

Agreeing to the proposal, he faced away from her and opened the door at the top. He held it open for her, and she headed into the small room. A light switch flicked on and revealed a carpeted room with a large table and several chairs in the middle of it. No doubt it was a space for meetings. Off to the right side, there was even a screen with a table and computer next to it. Up above was a projector. All around the room except for the back wall and part of the right wall were windows.

Closing the door, Edmund headed over to one of the front corners. He glanced out over the store as she walked up beside him. Her lips shifted in a manner that would indicate that she was about to whistle, but no sound left her. "This has a nice view."