SEVEN | RAIN SHOWERS

( SEVEN - RAIN SHOWERS )

OSLO, NORWAY was a lively city. At least, from what Venus could remember. Venus's family lived in Oslo until she turned 10 and learned of her unfortunate fate. She was different from her muggle schoolmates.

Venus had loved Oslo, and Norway in general. She loved the festivals her mother would take her to. She loved the small cottage in Lom they would take escape in. She loved the wintery winds and the colorful lined up buildings. But most of all, Venus loved the sun. Unlike some Norwegian cities, Oslo had days on end of sunlight.

Moving to Grays, England had been difficult for Venus in nearly every way. She missed her school friends and her home city. Fitting to it's name, Grays had constant clouded skies, which rarely cleared to let the sun sleep through, kept Venus in a constant phlegmatic state. Of course, things would excite or joy her, she wasn't emotionless, but when alone she only felt a sense of an imperturbable tranquility and sometimes even languor. Perhaps it came with age – the serenity – but Venus liked to blame it on Britain.

In Oslo, Venus recalled being overjoyed just by stepping out into the blue skies and warm sunlight – and that joy would follow her throughout the day. Now, in Scotland, the weather wasn't much different from Brighton. Cloudy, cold, and rainy during the fall and winter seasons. Not to mention windy.

Venus wrapped her robe closely around her body, as if it would make a difference against the harsh weather. Just a few minutes ago, she had been sitting by The Great Lake, soaking in the rare opportunity she had found when the sun seeped through the grey clouded sky. Sadly, the sun left just as soon as it came. Within a matter of 60 seconds the gracious sun had disappeared behind dark and heavy rain clouds. Before she knew it the sky pour with rain – cold rain.

Unfortunately for Venus, she hadn't been prepared for the sudden change in weather and the poor girl was left with merely her robe to shield her from the biting winds and frosty rain. She would've been able to transfigure her robe into an umbrella, if she had brought her wand. But once again, Venus was not prepared to be bombarded by rain when she decided to lay in the fleeting sun, so her wand was inevitably still in her dorm.

She finally made it to just outside the courtyard with the rain battering down – it only took a minute to entirely soak the blonde – when Venus heard a shout, "Grendahl!" The voice was nearly lost in the pounding rain, but Venus heard it somehow. She rapidly turned her head with her arms wrapped around torso to keep warmth and her soaked hair stuck to her pale face. She saw Sirius Black jogging towards her quickly with a confused look on his face.

Sirius quickly put his arm and some of his robe over her shoulder in hopes to shield her from the last bits of rain as he guided her to inside the castle. Venus couldn't help but lean into his warm touch, not noticing how once she did, Sirius only pulled her closer.