Chapter 7 {Escaping Hell}

"Today is the day, Layla. You're finally getting out of hell!" Liza said excitedly, a Spanish accent laced in her voice which always seemed to sound really intriguing to everybody—even including Layla.

Layla smiled softly, nodding as her fingertips stroked her belly, feeling as if a knife had cut her heart deeply, confusion filled her up as she did not know if she should feel happiness or rage.

Liza had always helped her to become better at fighting and shooting, she felt like Liza was her older sister as time passed, she had grown to like Liza and she even had a special spot in Layla's heart, which is really difficult to earn from her. "This time, nothing is going to stop me from getting my freedom Liza. And soon, you'll be joining me." Layla said in a happy voice, something she had never done in her life.

Liza smiled brightly, showing her appreciation and love in one smile, then her expression changed fast, "What are you going to do with the baby?" She asked.

It hit her heart.

Very deeply.

"I—I don't know. I feel miserable for thinking about an abortion, I can't kill something so innocent Liza." Layla said, her voice barely above as a whisper, she felt her heart break all over again as she felt disgusted by herself for thinking like that. "I haven't gone through the same thing to give you some decent advice, but I'd suggest you to listen to your heart. Only your heart knows what's best for the both of you."

Liza was right. This was a thing only for Layla's heart could decide, but the constant frustration and fear was eating her up alive slowly. She pushed these thoughts away, thinking about her escape plan as she recited a prayer, hoping that it would work.

Just as Layla was going to stand up to leave, Alejandro entered the room, surprising the two women, he leaned against the door he had closed behind him, "Well, hello there ladies." He said with a devilish handsome smirk playing on his lips, which made Layla wonder how a person could have such devilishly handsome looks as him. "I've some good new for you, Layla." He said, which made her eyebrows furrow in wonder and confusion, "I am coming with you! I can arrange a place where you can stay and so on, I could help you to build a new and amazing life."

Layla was taken aback with the news she had just heard, a smile of joy lasted for a second on her lips as she responded, "You really don't have to come with me Alejandro, I can help myself and I don't want to put you guys in danger than you guys already are." She responded, she did not want to pull other people that she cared about into this matter, it would only worsen the situation and these would be added to her regret-list, which she was thinking about since she could really think.

"Oh shush! I  know what is going on in that pretty little head of yours, you guys get out of here and I will join you guys when my job is done here, understood?" Liza said with a commanding tone, which made Alejandro and Layla say 'Yes ma'am!' in the same time, making Liza laugh. "Good. Now go back to your positions, we'll need every single energy in our bones tonight."

•••

After a tiring day of fighting and taking more lives to add to her shelf of sins, Layla got ready for bed while she smiled viciously in her mind, she watched Dimitri slowly drifting to sleep, "Come here." He demanded in a hoarse tone, she stood up and did as she was told and lay next to him as he wrapped his disgusting arms around her waist. She squeezed her eyes tightly shut for a second, managing to control her boiling anger, she started to relax as the thought about escaping tonight comforted her.

She smirked as she saw him drifting into sleep here more. She made sure that he'd sleep early and wouldn't wake up until she got out of there, she had spiked his drink without anyone noticing it. Alejandro was going to meet her at the gates of the mansion and Liza was going to stay here and keep them updated until they came back with more power than ever, so Layla could get her sweet revenge once and for all.