luke tries to bake a cake

it was the morning after the whole party ordeal, with calum still ignoring the ghost pair and staying cooped up in his room, making music assignments to torture his kids with.

luke moped around the house. he felt pretty bad but didn't regret it. but he obviously wasn't going to tell calum that. he has a reputation to keep up.

one day, ashton and luke were up in their room when ashton had an idea.

"hun, how about you do something nice for calum? since you know, he's pretty pissed off still and it's been 2 days."

"hmm, i don't know..."

"luke, he literally won't talk to anyone. not even michael. who didn't even do shit. just do something nice for him. you have been an asshole to him..."

luke took offense to that. he recoiled away from ashton and placed a hand to his chest, acting overdramatically offended, like he wasn't in the wrong when he clearly was.

"i- you- ugh!" he flopped back down into their bed.

"am i wrong here?" ashton asked.

luke sighed. "no." he said quietly. luke always hated that ashton could get to him so easily. it diminished his "assholey" reputation.

luke and ashton just looked at each other for a while. ashton had the whole, "just go with it" face and luke had his brows furrowed and his lips pursed. he really didn't have the energy to do something for calum, but he did feel bad.

"fine," luke sighed. ashton smiled lightly. "but you have to help me!"

"fine."

•••

an hour later they were in the kitchen, staring at the items laid out on the counter: eggs, oil, water, a bowl and cake mix.

"...so what do we do?" luke asked after a pause of silence.

ashton shrugged. "read the directions i guess." he picked up the cake mix box and read the directions.

"well it says that we should put the cake mix in the bowl, so- i guess we do that."

luke grabbed the bowl and ashton opened the box, but ashton struggled with the plastic that contained the mix.

"wh-why is this thing so goddamn hard to ope-" suddenly, he managed to rip the bag open, but since he was using so much force, the bag ripped all the way, and sent a cloud of yellow flying all over the room.

"FUCK!" he yelled.

luke tried to hold it in. he really did. but to him, that was some funny shit. so he started to cackle, and then laugh, and then burst into even more fits of laughter because he was trying so hard to hold it in. ashton responded to this with a middle finger in luke's direction.

"what do we do now?" ashton asked and sighed.

"can't we pick it up somehow?"

"i don't know. i can try to grab as much as possible," ashton said, and began to go around, using those ghost powers of his, to put the mix into the bowl. he was only semi successful, with maybe three quarters of the mix saved and in the bowl.

they continued to add the ingredients, not really paying mind to the measuring requirements, and then threw it in the oven. luke and ashton felt so proud of themselves.

"haven't really don't sometbing like that in a while. i feel like julia childs." luke stated. ashton just gave him a look and playfully rolled his eyes.