19 ~ Broken

CHAPTER NINETEEN

THE GOOD news made them both happy. She's carrying an angel and she can see the gladness on Brooke's eyes about it. At first, she thought he doesn't mind it or he doesn't care about it, but she was wrong. He became more caring and protective on her and to their baby. And she found it really sweet.

The good thing about her pregnancy is she doesn't experience morning sickness, but, her cravings on eating foods made her cry some times if she didn't get the chance to eat whatever it is she wanted to eat. She gets very emotional.

It was two in the morning already and she can't sleep. Gelicah can see the city lights from their bedroom, her husband is sleeping beside her. Brooke's tired from work, she doesn't want to disturb his sleep just because she wanted to eat ice cream in the middle of the night.

Nang magpunta siya sa kusina kanina lang para kumuha sana ng ice cream sa ref, ay para siyang nawalan ng lakas nang makita niyang wala ng ice cream. Pagbalik niya sa silid nila ay halos maiyak siya.

"Why are you still up?" Brooke husky voice making her gasp.

Sinulyapan niya ang asawa, nakaupo siya sa gilid nito. Ang tanglaw ng lampshade lang ang nagsisilbing liwanag sa buong silid. He's on his dark boxer shorts, he's topless.

"I can't sleep."

"Come here, let me hug you." Brooke reach for her hand and pull her gently, but she ignore him. "What's wrong?" He sounds confused.

Napanguso siya at nag-init ang gilid ng mga mata niya. Dismayado at nasasaktan dahil sa hindi siya nakakain ng ice cream.

Pinahid niya ang bumagsak na luha nang bumangon si Brooke upang makita ang itsura niya. Hating gabi na pero gising na gising siya.

"N-nothing," she lied. Ayaw niya itong isali sa kamiserablihan niya. "You better go back to sleep."

Mula sa likod ay malambing na niyakap siya ng asawa, ang mga palad ay nasa ibabaw ng tiyan niya. Ang baba ay nasa balikat niya naman.

"You can't sleep because you slept all day in my office?" His voice was gentle.

Maybe that's also the reason why she can't sleep? But the thought of ice cream is also kept her awake.

"I forgot to buy ice cream yesterday." She almost whispering.

"We can buy later."

"I want to eat ice cream now!" And now she sounded so desperate, making her husband chuckle on her neck. "What's funny?!" She tried to look at him, but he buried his face on her neck, avoiding her glares.

"My babies wanted an ice cream?" There's a hint of playfulness on his voice, that irritates her.

She feel so miserable for not eating ice cream! She wanted to scream, but she's stopping herself. She was keeping her cool and think about what to do to stop her cravings.

"There's a near convenient store here, right? Is it 24hours open?"

"Yeah," dinampian nito ng halik ang balikat niya at kinalas ang yakap sa kanya. "I'm going to buy an ice cream."

"I wanna go with you." She said in a low soft voice.

She's watching him wearing his v-neck shirt and khaki shorts. The sleeves of his shirt is a bit tight, the hard muscles on his arms were very impressive. Ang pagyakap ng damit nito sa katawan ay sapat na para mas lalong madepina ang matikas nitong tindig. Ang bahagyang pagkagulo ng buhok ay walang ka-effort effort na nagpadagdag lang sa gandang lalaki nito.

Effortlessly, he can take her breath away just by standing there, doing nothing but stares at her.

"Are you sure? You can stay here and wait for me."