35~ His French

Special thanks to gucciprincetae-  and Serendi_ri16  for helping me with my writing block for this chapter; shout out to you lovelies 💜💜

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:

"Ow!"

Taehyung jerked awake as I slapped a stick of French bread over his head.

"What the f-"

"Get up," I whacked him again with the breadstick to prevent him from full out cussing. "We're going to the park."

"Why? And give me that baguette!" Taehyung snatched at my weapon.

"Nope," I whirled out of reach and tucked the baguette under my arm. "We have one day before the dinner tomorrow night and I won't have you moping around all day."

"But-" Taehyung swung his legs over the edge of the mattress, ruffling his bed hair.

"No buts," I jabbed the breadstick in his direction. "I'm taking you on a date today Taehyung and that's not a choice for you." Then I shot him a flirtatious grin. "I'll be your distraction for today."

Taehyung gulped and pulled some of his bed covers in efforts to cover up something that was happening between his legs.

For the love of all that was horny and holy, geez, Taehyung.

I didn't know what came over me that morning. Taehyung had been so stressed out about the prospect of meeting his father at the dinner that it'd pained me to see him barely saying a word and constantly almost walking into the doorframes or barely avoiding taking out his reproductive organs by falling over chairs all last night.

Yeah, that's how out of it he was last night.

"Taehyung?" I took a deep breath and glanced up at the handsome man beside me. We were ambling around the snow-covered park's sidewalk. The park was fairly quiet as it was a Wednesday afternoon.

"Hm?" He was gazing out over the frozen lake to where two geese were waddling along on thin ice.

"What happened to your mother?"

Taehyung's steady gait stuttered a little as he registered my question before he slowly dragged his eyes to me.

"It's okay if you don't want to tell me," I rushed my words.

Now the man beside me halted all the way and leaned against the tree next to the pathway we were on. "No it's okay," he softly murmured. "My mother died when I was twelve from leukemia. She knew my father had anger issues, but she didn't know that he actually hit his children. And it's a good thing she didn't."

I edged closer to Taehyung, all ears as I watched the blank look dawn upon his face as memories began to haunt him once again. I wanted to know more about this man and his past, and how it shaped him to be who he was today.

"My sister started to become crazy when my dad's abuse got worse against me, and one day, she overdosed because of my dad's yelling and calling us all 'worthless' was just too much for her." Taehyung's hands balled into fists now. "I couldn't protect her nor could I protect my brother, though I was their older brother."

I now stood directly in front of Taehyung and watched as the familiar pulse revealed itself in his jaw.

"But in a way I'm glad my sister went to rehab," Taehyung took a deep breath and looked at me directly. "Now she's under the care of gentle supervisors who will take care of her for as long as she needs."