Chapter 31: Hello darling

Isabella

As the car turned the corner I took one more glance at my saviour and my eyebrows scrunched together as I saw him mouth a couple of words. But I couldn't understand what the words were.

I'd been driving along the long winding road for 5 minutes now, I didn't know the speed limit but I'm certain I was going over it by a lot. This is probably my only chance at freedom and I will not let anything stop me.

Glancing at the mirror I looked at a passed out Tom. He didn't even look human. Blood, scratches, cuts and bruises littered his body and face. James was ruthless to him. I don't even know why he tortured Tom.

I hope karma bites James in the ass.

At least we will both be far away from that brute.

I just hope Chase is able to find me. Even though he was part of the monstrosity that was the mafia he was so different. He was kind, caring and understanding. His touches eased the pain James had caused me. His words brought me peace. I just prayed he would make it out in time before James found out. Once he comes back to me we can start a new life together. Somewhere far away where James won't find us. That's what I want.

A small groan sounds from the back of the car and my eyes roam to the mirror to see Tom stirring slightly. My heart twinges as I watch Tom clutch onto his wounds rolling slightly in agony and moaning from the pain.

"It's okay Tom. He won't hurt you anymore. We've escaped. I'm taking us to Louise's house. We'll be safe once we're there".

Tom doesn't respond but his groans quieten down and he relaxes on the leather seats of the car.

"Damn. I don't know where we are".

I pull the car over on the side of the road and frantically open up the glove compartment rummaging around for a map of sorts. Under the endless papers I finally find a map and unfold it only to frustrate myself as it was too big. Battling with the huge paper unsure which way round it was supposed to be, I scrunched it up and threw it out the window.

I'll have to drive to a petrol station.

Pulling onto a motorway I continue driving until I see a services sign, so I pull off at the junction exit.

Parking the car in the car park I hurry to the boot and open it up hoping to find a first aid box of some sort to help take care of Tom's wounds. But to my misfortune there was no box. But there were blankets. Picking up a blanket I opened up the rear door and covered it over Tom who was now sleeping peacefully.

"I'll be back in 2 minutes" I whispered.

Locking the door behind me I rush in to the service station heading straight towards the man at the desk.

"Excuse me, could you help me". I begged slightly out of breath from my fast walk from the car.

"Of course madam, how can I help?" the kind gentleman softly spoke.

"Could you tell me how to get to Canterbury from here?" I plead hoping he would have an answer.

"Of course, I used to live there. Come out for here and continue driving on the motorway you were on and the same side. Then keep driving for approximately 10 minutes and then you'll see a exit for the M2. Take the exit and join onto the M2 motorway. It'll take you all the way. Then somewhere along the M2 you'll see a sign for Canterbury and I'm sure you get the rest".

"Thank you so much Sir". Relief washes over me as we now have our way back home.

"You're welcome. Drive safe". He bids me farewell and I turn away from him eager to get home. Popping into a nearby shop I buy some food for both Tom and I and hurry back to the car.