Team Nekoma

CHAPTER ELEVEN: TEAM NEKOMA

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

"When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important then the name on the back."

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

Rin closed her eyes, squeezing her hands around around the team's clipboard. She could feel a vein threaten to pop, joining the burning sensation that was already clouded on her cheeks.

"R-Rin-hime is in shorts! Shorts!"

"Taketora," Rin growled, opening her eyes and shooting the younger male a glare. His face was about as red as his jacket, and his eyes were wide as he - not so discreetly - stared at her legs. Yamamoto had a hand overing over his mouth, with his free hand pointed towards the girl in amazement. Rin's glare moved over towards Kuroo, who already had his hands up in mock surrender as he made his way over to Yamamoto. The black haired teen immediately slapping Yamamoto upset the head to snap him out of his trance.

"Yamamoto, you seem to be in a good mood today. How about double the work out?"

Yamamoto snapped his gaze away from Rin, immediately turning towards Kuroo before he shrunk back, "S - Sorry."

It took a minute for Yamamoto to cool down, and Rin was still squeezing the clipboard in annoyance. Kuroo had convinced her, somehow, to wear shorts to Monday's practice. So she did, along with a pair of thigh high socks to cover the scar - she was comfortable enough to wear shorts, but definitely not comfortable enough to let everyone see the scar. Not yet.

"You'll get wrinkles in your forehead if you keep worrying, Rin-san."

Rin jumped, quickly turning her head to look at the person who had just spoken.

"Ah," She scratched her cheek awkwardly, forcing a small smile onto her face, "Thanks for the advice, Morisuke."

Yaku chuckled lightly, "You shouldn't take Yamamoto too seriously, his main concern revolves around girls. I think you may be the first girl he's ever been able to utter more than two words to."

Rin gave the libero a deadpanned look, dropping the clipboard on her lap, "All he ever says is 'Rin-hime' and 'untouchable'! I don't think that even counts as a conversation."

Yaku gave Rin a small smile, "He's just excited your here. It's nice to have a manager, especially one as knowledgeable in volleyball as you!"

Rin could feel her cheeks warming up at the compliment and she immediately turned her head away, lifting up the clipboard in her hands to hide the bottom half of her face while she mumbled a weak 'thanks'. Yaku chuckled once more before walking back towards the court, where the boys were finishing up their stretches. Rin let her face cool off while she watched the boys, her eyes darting around from face to face. After the incident with Saruhiko her grandfather had told her that two other third years decided to "resign from the club. Leaving only 2 third years, 3 second years, and 2 first years.

The third years left were quiet, and both were a middle blockers. Twins. The two stood only a couple centimeters taller than Kuroo. Both had short black hair and light grey eyes, their build was good and Rin thought both of their blocks were solid - not perfect, but solid. She could see herself getting along with both Kenta and Katsu. They was quiet and patient, and often listened to her grandfather when the man supplied his advice. They mostly kept to each other, but they worked well with the team. Like Fukunaga, they weren't really talkers.

"Rin-san!"

Rin lifted her head towards the voice, dropping the clipboard down a little so she could question whoever was calling her.