t h r e e

THE SUN WAS slowly setting and a crisp but pleasant chill spread over the campus

THE SUN WAS slowly setting and a crisp but pleasant chill spread over the campus. The large buildings created shadows over smooth concrete paths and small but frequent manicured lawns as the skies shifted to a dark pale blue.

After the amazing introductions in my new two-person dorm room, Noah takes me on a tour through the school, pointing out and explaining the history of specific Caldwell Artefacts. Such artefacts as a wooden bench that several girls have lost their virginity on and the best places for scandalous make outs. 

Levi had headed back to his dorm room long before Noah and I left. I don't think he likes me, maybe it's the vibe or maybe it's the way he rolled his eyes when I simply smiled at him. Noah's lying because Levi definetly feels emotions; specifically annoyance when it comes to me. 

Chase  left the dorm to go and visit a girl across the campus in Arlington. Noah gladly informed me of how my new roomie is a insatiable heartbreaker with a record in this school. I don't have a problem with that but I am dreading the fact that he'll bring girls to our dorm every night. 

I might have to invest in some heavy duty earplugs. 

The meals here were a hell of a lot better than what the cafeteria whipped up at my old school. They had had a menu for every day of the week and metallic cutlery for those who are actually allowed it. I stared down at my chicken carbonara, waiting for it to disappear and be replaced with meatloaf because that seemed more realistic. 

"The back of the library is a classic make out spot, so is the gym storage room." Noah explains as he cuts his steak. Sunday Nights was Steak Night, as Noah had said, and he always arrives earlier to stock up his plate. "I speak from experience." 

"How do you know all of this?" I question with a frown, gulping down my sparkling water. I place it down next to my plate delicately and lean back into my wooden chair, folding one leg over the other. 

"Honestly, gossip travels faster than STD's in this place." Noah scoffs with a small shrug. He reminded me of a little puppy with the computer skills of a CIA agent. "It's actually surprising." 

"Wow." I hum, my eyes wide as Noah nods. I move my fork amongst the long strands of creamy pasta and bite my lip in thought, "What about the colors?" 

Noah glances up, his mouth full of steak and potato, "Hmm?

"The colors? I read something about them in the papers Headmaster Sullivan gave me. It says I'm a green? What the fuck does that mean?" I question as I take a sip of my pink lemonade. Apparently they're aren't any straws here and I firstly assumed Caldwell was eco-friendly, but it's just because students turn them into knives.

"Oh, the grading colors." Noah nods as he finally swallows the large lump of food and pats his chest, "I call it the Danger Rainbow and it's yet to catch on—but it will!" 

"Okay..." I trail off,  "Still confused." 

"So you said you're a green right? That means you're a low threat. Greens are usually students who are in here because of a accident or a small crime." Noah explains and I nod as the information is slowly processed through my mind, "I'm a yellow which means I'm not allowed any form of technology-I'm not even allowed a fucking electrical toothbrush-and I have weekly dorm checks by security."