↳ EPILOGUE

"ARE YOU SURE you're going to be fine?" Chloe Decker's voice was colored with several tones of concern and agitation, which wasn't quite so typical for the usually calm and collected detective, but right now, there was an edge of hesitation keeping her on her toes as she followed Maze and Izzy fuss around the kitchen.

Quite frankly, that very same question had reared its head in Izzy's thoughts once or twice too, but after Maze had suggested a trip to Canada, she had been mostly excited — not only was she eager to get out of the city for some quality time with her girlfriend, but it had been a while since she had seen her grandparents, or been somewhere colder. As much as she loved Los Angeles, the heat could be a bit much and that mixed with the crimes she had to deal with on a daily basis, could feel somewhat suffocating. Therefore, when Mazikeen had come to her with a proposal to drop everything and travel somewhere a little more secluded by her side, Izzy had immediately requested a few days off of work and celebrated when they had been granted.

It wasn't that she didn't love her work anymore — if anything, each day got more and more exciting and with more time and experience, came more responsibility and career opportunities, which she hadn't hesitated to grab. Mazikeen, on the other hand, was struggling to keep the bounty hunting intriguing enough, as almost every case wound up too easy for the multi-skilled soul torturer, so when Lucifer had suggested going after the toughest challenge possible, she had put thought into action instantly. After some digging at the LAPD, she caught whiff of a specific human that no cop had ever successfully caught and kept locked up, Ben Rivers, and when the last sighting was confirmed to take place in Canada, it was time for the two lovers to pack their bags and head out.

And the sudden exit, despite the solid stage in their relationship, was worrying Chloe — she trusted in her friends' abilities to handle themselves, but there was a lot that could go wrong. Izzy and Maze, however, were unbothered by the possibility of danger. In fact, the latter was almost hoping for it, as long as it wouldn't compromise Izzy's safety, but there was no denying that the demon was longing to get back to her roots and kick some ass, preferably with the woman of her dreams assisting her. For someone who had never dared to dream of a relationship, it certainly had become a recurring daydream for Mazikeen.

"Don't you worry, Chlo", Izzy reassured with a smile as she grabbed her beanie from the nearby table and happily tugged it upon her cropped hair. It had been a while since such warm clothes had come in handy, but she had never had the heart to throw any out, and the pride that came with it was evident in her beaming, nearly making Chloe crack a grin, too. "We're going to be just fine. Honestly, I think we're going to have fun. And, if we happen to stop by that bar I mentioned to you once upon a time, I'll make sure to bring you a souvenir", the redhead teased, but despite the taunting tone that earned a snort from the Decker, she pulled the woman into a tight goodbye hug, made of wishes for luck and demands to stay in touch.