Chapter 12

((Soooooo like YEARS later I'm finally updating the last update from Tumblr I'm aware of. For anyone still reading this, I applaud you for sticking with it lol. This chapter use to be a "sample" of the chapter but it's now been updated to be the whole chapter. 

I believe this is the last chapter. My source published it in 2020 but I believe the original author finished it around 2018-2019. Enjoy!)

"Do you want me to?"

Bo nods down at the condom Harry's stiffly holding onto. He's coiled up so tight that it would be a bad idea to let her undress him. He's having a difficult enough time as it is just toying with the inevitable of her touching him, let alone below the waist.

Bo had watched in fondness from her spot lounging on the bed as Harry moved from candle to candle, lighting as many as he could before the flame on the match got too low. She'd laughed at his explanation for not striking a second match, claiming there was a fine line between romantic and sacrificial.

But now in this soft, flickering room, she smiles at him and he almost loses his nerve.

"No, it's alright, I've got it." Kneeing closer to her across the mattress, "just lay back," Harry encourages softly.

On second thought, that's probably the worst thing he could of suggested because now Bo's laid beneath him and he's acquired an audience to a process that makes his hands shake. Hair splays on his pillows and it's been so long since he's had something so pretty occupy his bed.

She'll linger on his sheets. The smell of her perfume and the fleeting heat of her body which escapes once the covers are peeled back, both temporary, both are not enough. He craves so much more. But the memory will be permanent.

Harry doesn't think he'll ever forget the way she's looking at him now, like he hung the moon and every star in the sky.

He swallows before going through the motions of unbuttoning his jeans and sliding the zip. The full weight of her gaze lands on his stomach as the bottom of his t-shirt is taken between his teeth to hold it up and out of the way. Fingertips unwittingly tickle as Bo traces his hip and on towards his belly button. And he sort of hopes she misses the goosebumps it raises on his skin.

As Harry gently presses to widen her legs, the winsome charm she led with earlier seems to escape her. He's left feeling fully endeared by her absent fiddling of his belt loop.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong."

There's a smile but it lacks prowess and so Harry removes himself from looming over her and comes to lay beside her. Bo shifts into him.

"We've had sex before."

It's quiet because he doesn't want to disturb the delicacy they've slipped into. Facing each other, it's still a little difficult to comprehend that he's with her now. She's in his tiny basement flat where the hot water is temperamental and the floorboards creak in odd places along the hall.

"I know. But it feels new," she softly smiles, thumb lightly rubbing at the tattoo on his hip.

Her beauty has become more refined in the five years they've known each other, more of a classic look that has Harry pinned every time she holds his eye contact. Despite her wishes for a growth spurt, Bo stands at the same height against Harry's shoulder. But now there's a confidence in the way she holds herself, filled with achievements and future aspirations.

He can't really imagine what she's seeing. He's been greeted by this image of tattoos and damaged eye every morning for years whilst he brushes his teeth in the bathroom mirror. So perhaps this intimacy does feel new to her now.