The legend of El Explosivo ♛

Farrah's POV

Farrah's POV

Dj and Kimmy stood in the kitchen, unpacking the food Kimmy bought from the 89¢ store. I picked through the bags, scanning the odd snack selection she had purchased.

The doorbell rang and Ramona quickly rushed down the steps to get it, "That's the dance team."

Kimmy showed Ramona the off brand Oreos she bought, proud of her purchase. She insisted that they serve them to the dance team as practice snacks.

"Couldn't you have spent an extra buck and bought the real thing?" Ramona sighed

Kimmy smiled, "Once it's on a plate you won't be able to tell the difference. Just don't eat it near an open flame."

I quickly grabbed one, before popping it in my mouth, "Yep. Tastes exactly the same."

Once they turned away, I quickly grabbed a napkin and spit the rest of the contents into it before dumping it in the trash.

Ramona continued the argument, leading her mom out of the kitchen toward the front door. DJ and I looked at each other laughing, while we continued unpacking the other snacks Kimmy bought.

Jackson walked through the back door with his skate board in hand, while Max excitedly trailed behind him.

"Hey" Dj greeted, looking over the two boys .

"Hey Mom," Jackson responded, "Going to study. Bye, Mom."

I stopped him as he neared the stairs, "Why do you look like a giant puffy marshmallow?"

"It's 90 degrees out and you have a jacket on. And that's not even your Jacket. What's going on?" Dj asked, catching on to what I had observed

He turned and looked at me, as I crossed my arms across my chest in a questioning way. He avoided my gaze and made the silent decision to deal with his mom instead.

"Ugh, Farrah you're turning into my mom. Always so suspicious! Can't I just be wearing my friend's jacket cause its National Jacket Swapping Day?" Jackson said, calling me out and trying to walk around any kind of argument that would arise with Dj

Dj ignored the boy's excuse and took charge over the conversation, "What are you up to?"

She approached him, gently removing his Jacket to reveal his arms covered in scratches and bruises. Dj gasped, and I rolled my eyes as the boy's small injuries.

"Jackson what happened?" I asked, annoyed that the situation was made out to be bigger than it really was

He sighed, "Oh, nothing."

"You're gonna lie to me? Fine. Watch this." I challenged, turning to Max for the second half of the interrogation, "Max, what happened?"

"He skateboarded off Bobby Popko's tool shed and wiped out." Max replied with a small smile