Chapter 4- The Answer

Marinette twiddled her thumbs, the silence slowly overwhelming her. She was going to cry if he said no. But she would cry even harder if he said yes. So she couldn't even decide on what she wanted the outcome to be.

The blonde boy reached down and pulled out his phone from his pocket.

"I-I guess I could ask." He said, biting his lip.

Marinette frantically turned her head in Alya's direction, who winked in response.

"Y-You so-sure? You don't have to do that- It was a stupid idea!" The dark-haired girl stuttered. Adrien stood up from his seat and kneeled in front of Marinette, ushering her to look him in the eye. Her cheeks lit up.

"I-I want too, Marinette. You're my friend. And I don't want you to have to leave. Besides, we have plenty of room..." He said though he didn't seem sure of the possibility of it happening. "I'll be back."

The shy girl sheepishly tucked her hair from behind her ear and smiled at him with gratitude. Adrien placed a hand on her shoulder to comfort her, before getting back up and walking away, phone in hand.

Marinette's mouth fell agape as he walked towards a tree at the other end of the park. All three students watched as he tapped on his phone before lifting it and placing it against his ear.

"I think he's calling his dad," Nino stated the obvious, crossing his arms. Alya dove next to Marinette and wrapped her arms around her best friend.

"You can thank us now! Don't you feel any better?"

Marinette still stared in Adrien's direction, a blush tinting her cheeks, her mouth still open as if she wanted to say something. Alya lifted a finger and closed her best friend's mouth before gaining her attention.

"T-Thanks guys..." Marinette said, mumbling as she spoke.

"You are very welcome. Now, we should discuss what will happen once-"

"Hold on, Alya," Nino said, climbing across the table and coming face to face with his girlfriend, "You don't really think that Adrien's gonna be able to convince his father to let a girl stay in their house with him... do you?"

The girls looked sadly over at Nino before Alya stood up pointing her finger in his face.

"Way to ruin the moment, Nino!" She angrily said, before turning around and crossing her arms. "This is literally the last bit of hope we have, especially Marinette, you could have at least stayed positive about it!"

"Alya! Babe come on! I'm sorry!"

Marinette reached out for Alya's arm, her fingers grazing the girl's shirt sleeve.

"He's right, Alya. Don't be mad at him."

The girl rolled her eyes before turning back around to face her best friend. She sat back down next to Marinette and anxiously bit her lip.

"I guess we'll just have to see-"

Nino nodded and laid a hand on Marinette's shoulder as well. They shared a smile before Alya grabbed her boyfriend's hand and took it off of her friend's shoulder, wrapping it in her own. It seemed as if she was joking around, but both of them knew that it was because she got jealous quite easily.