Chapter 28

**Jungkook's POV**

The night ended with both of us soaking wet and covered in sand, holding hands as we walked back to the car we came in. The guards were still waiting for us. I wonder if they left the car at all while we were having a sand war. They took one glance at us before a displeased look formed over each of their faces.

" You guys are walking. " One of them stated as he rolled down the window.

" Why. " Taehyung asked in a polite tone before I could say anything. The same man pointed to our clothes. They didn't want us to get water and sand all over the car seats.

" Go with them. " The man said, tapping the second guard on the shoulder as he rolled up the window. I rolled my eyes, walking off towards the direction of the house, dragging Taehyung along with me. The moon was still shining bright, meaning we were in no danger of being out too long.

" I don't understand what's so bad about us using the car. The water will dry and you can just vacuum up the sand. " I grumbled as we walked, the footsteps of the guard echoing behind us.

" It's okay. I wouldn't want to cause them extra work anyway. " Taehyung stated, flashing a soft smile.

" You're too nice. " I joked, letting go of his hand to wrap my arm around his shoulders. I pulled him closer to me, causing us to stumble a bit. Neither of us cared.

We soon arrived back at the house, laughing and having fun all the way. The van with the other guard pulled up as soon as we arrived, both guards now behind us.

However, something seemed off to me.

" Where are the other ones who are usually out here? " Taehyung stated, causing me to realize the problem. There were no other guards around any of the houses. I held Taehyung close to me, hesitantly walking towards the door. The uneasy feeling inside me rose as I twisted the door knob.

The door was unlocked.

" Kookie, someone else was here. " Taehyung said as a deathly strong scent of bleach filled my senses.

" You can smell anything over the bleach? " I asked in a quiet voice, flicking on the light. I calmed down a bit once I saw that the living room and kitchen were exactly how we left them.

" Not well, but it's there. " He stated. He wrapped his arms around my torso, even more uneasy than I was.

" You should stay down here with them. " I said, tilting my head towards the two guards that had accompanied us to the beach. They had weapons out, noticing the suspicious state of the house.

" No. I don't want to leave you. " He argued, tightening his grip around my torso. I sighed, hesitantly agreeing. I'd let myself get hurt before anyone laid a finger on him.

I glanced up the stairs, nothing looking out of the ordinary. Taehyung and I began to slowly walk up the stairs. We started with the bathroom. I threw the door open, quickly getting into a defensive stance.

I sighed, the bathroom looking completely normal. Everything was how we left it. The only room left was the bedroom.

I had a really bad feeling about this in my gut, but we can only hope that everything is fine. Taehyung began to shake as we walked towards the bedroom. I rubbed his arm soothingly, even though I wasn't completely sure everything was fine myself.

The stench of bleach intensified as we got nearer to the bedroom, confirming that it was where it was coming from. It was so strong that I could barely stand to breathe. I waited for the guards to come up behind us before placing a hand on the bedroom door handle.