Chapter Nineteen

"The whole school is talking about you." Lisa informed me after school as we made our way to the parking lot.

"Why?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes at my oblivion, "Liam cheated on Danielle with you, in front of a class."

I sighed, is that what everyone thinks happened?

"He broke up with her but she wouldn't accept it. And then we presented the script we were given, and that just happened to have two kisses in it." I explained.

Lisa thought that over for a second before replying, "That's not what Danielle is telling people."

My stomach dropped. I hate when attention is on me, and I care way too much about what people think of me. If Danielle is going around telling people that Liam cheated on her with me, that makes me out to be one of the bad guys.

"What am I gonna do?" I asked, looking over at Lisa hopefully. She always knows what to do.

She gave me a look of pity, "I'm not sure. Everyone already thinks that you stole Liam away from Danielle."

The only thing I did was help Liam break up with her, which was for both of their sakes. It's not fair for her to be with someone that doesn't have feelings for her.

And what do I get in return? The school hating me.

"You know, Liam didn't even like her. He was only with her because she kept bugging him, and somehow I got dragged into all of this." I complained. How is any of this fair?

"You didn't have to kiss him." Lisa pointed out.

I hate that she's right.

"Danielle needed to see that Liam didn't want to be with her." I weakly defended myself.

Lisa shook her head and her blonde curls bounced, "Were you really doing it for her? Or for yourself?"

I looked down in shame. Although I was thinking about Danielle and what's ultimately best for her and Liam, I was also just trying to come up with an excuse to kiss Liam if I'm being honest with myself.

"This whole thing is a mess." I mumbled as we finally walked out of the school.

"You should tell him how you feel." Lisa suggested.

I immediately shook my head, "There's no way I'm doing that. I'm not setting myself up for rejection and embarrassment."

"You're being dramatic. Everyone can see that he feels the same way for you." She told me, rolling her eyes.

I scoffed, there's no way he actually likes me like that. I don't know why everyone's trying to put those thoughts into my head. He doesn't treat me any differently than anyone else.

But he kisses you. A voice in the back of my head pointed out.

I'm sure he kissed Danielle too and we all saw how that turned out.

I pushed away all the crazy thoughts about Liam and tuned back into my surroundings just in time to run into someone.

Thanks for the heads up Lisa.

The person gently grabbed my shoulders to stop me from falling, and when I looked up I was greeted by amused golden brown eyes.

"You really need to pay attention to where you're walking, one day you're gonna get hit by a car." Liam teased, still holding my shoulders.

I rolled my eyes, "After today, that wouldn't be such a bad thing."

"I'm gonna go." Lisa chimed in. I forgot she was even here.