Expect the Unexpected

*JONAS*

Lacey and I lay in bed wrapped in each other's arms. Her head is laying on my chest and she has an arm around my waist. I have an arm wrapped around her body and I was absentmindedly tracing circles on the skin on her arm.

"Jonas?" Her voice was soft and quiet.

"Yeah baby?"

"I've been thinking, and your birthday is coming up. Was there anything in particular you wanted?"

I chuckle

"Lulu, there isn't anything more that I want or need than you right now" I say tilting my head to look down at her.

Her cheeks turn red as she catches me staring.

"You're so beautiful" I whisper to her.

She props herself up on her elbow to look at me. Her eyes roam my face and she bites her bottom lip.

"What did I tell you about doing that lulu?"

The blush deepens and she drops her gaze.

"Baby what's wrong?" I ask her tilting her face up so she can look at me.

"Nothing"

I knew she was lying I could see it. I just didn't know why she was so closed off.

I cup her cheek in my hand and lean down to kiss her. I tangle my hand in her hair as she grabs my neck and pulls herself closer to me.

"I love you" she tells me in a sweet voice

"I love you" I respond before leaning down to kiss her again.

Suddenly there's a knock at the door, causing us to break apart.

She looks at me with concern.

"Who would be here so late?" She asks me

I glance at the clock, it was almost 2 am.

"Just stay here and I'll be right back" I tell her sliding out of the bed.

I head to the front door and swing it open. My jaw drops and my blood boils.

"Hi JoJo"

"What the hell do you want?" I snap

"I came to speak with you, it's important"

"There is nothing on this earth that would be so important to have to talk to you again"

"Listen JoJo, I know Maya has been here hanging out with your little slut, and I don't want her getting any ideas"

"You watch your mouth Victoria" I spit at her

"Why are you so defensive?"

I narrow my eyes at her.

"You can't be this stupid!" I scream at her.

"Jonas? Who is it?" Lacey asks coming into the living room.

I turn my head to look at her, she looked like a goddess.

"It's nobody, they were just leaving. Go back to bed babe"

She looks at me with furrowed eyebrows and glances behind me noticing Victoria.

She glances at me again before coming up to me a kissing me deeply.

"Don't take to long" she whispers as she pulls away and heads back into the bedroom.

Damn I was whipped. I couldn't help the smile that spread on my face.

I turn to look at Victoria who's eyes were blazing with anger.

I'm so proud of my girl.

"Are we done here? Because I have somewhere to be."

"JoJo, please I just want to talk"

I roll my eyes. I knew I wasn't going to win with her so I let her in.

"5 minutes Victoria and then you're out"

"That's all I need" She says as she steps past me.

I shut the door behind her and turn to face her.

"What do you want"

She hangs her head and starts twiddling her fingers.

"Victoria start talking because I don't have all day" I snap.

When she doesn't say anything I roll my eyes and start walking away.

"No JoJo wait please."

I stop and face her

"I just I came to apologize."

What? That's unexpected

"I was stupid JoJo. I miss you and I love you. I never stopped loving you. I'm so sorry baby" she says with tears brimming her eyes.

What the heck was happening?

"Victoria just stop. It's over, you made your decision"

Tears start pouring down her face.

"I know baby but I'm sorry, it was stupid. Please. Please forgive me. I love you" she says placing a hand on my arm.

"And I know you still love me deep down JoJo"

Before I can respond she plants her lips on mine. She grabs my neck and pulls me closer to her deepening the kiss.

I push her away.

"JoJo? What's wrong?"

"Get out Victoria. We're done! Get that through your head! I don't love you. I don't want you around me. And I could never forgive you for lying to me. You know how much I want a family."

"Jo-"

"Get out!" I scream

Her eyebrows furrow and she heads to the door,

"I really do still love you" she tells me before leaving the apartment.

I run my hands through my hair and lean against the counter. I didn't know how to process what she told me. I didn't love her anymore. But if I didn't have Lacey, would I have forgiven her? Would I have gone back to her?

I felt guilty. I know I pushed her away and I didn't generate the kiss but I still felt guilty.

How was I going to tell Lacey?