Chapter 13 - Crazy Bites

Katherine's POV:

Bethany was right what she said about the mate bond and how it was going to grow. For the past few days Demos behavior got weirder and weirder. Sure he still has his cold hearted moments. But, he has gotten more possessive and jealous over me especially when male servants came near me. Demos told any of them if they came within two feet of me he will rip their heads off. Ever since that day all the male servants were afraid to come near me, let alone look at me.

I could barely get a chance to talk with Bethany without Demos breathing down my neck. Somehow me and Bethany had made a way to communicate and become friends. She is the only thing keeping me sane from Demos crazy behavior. He went from not showing anyway compassion to me to wanting to hold me close. Like right now.

It is 3:36 in the morning and I am having a hard time sleeping well for one Demos' loud snoring and breathing in my ear. Also his heavy body laying on top of me and his arm tightly wrapped around me. On top of that the only thing he had on was his boxers. I only had on his shirt and my underwear. Which made the situation even more uncomfortable.

I tried to find somethings to take my mind off of it. But, it did not help when my mind went back to my family. I wonder if they had been taken like me or are they still there. I also wonder how much they must worry about me and my sister Rebecca. It still hurts not knowing where she is. Five years and no one has heard from her. Whether she is alive or dead.

I quickly pushed that thought way. Then I heard Demos release another loud snore from his mouth. That's it I can't take this anymore. I let out sigh. I need to get out of here. I looked over to see Demos was still asleep. Carefully I began to wiggle out of his grasp. It was a struggle due to the fact that he was heavy and strong. After as few minutes of struggling I got one arm free and then the other. I used all the strength I had to lift him a little to slide my body out from under him. Thankfully his entire body was not on me, only half.

Finally after what seemed like an eternity of struggling I got out of the bed. But, when I moved toward the door I stop to see if Demos is still sleeping. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw that I had not disturbed his slumber. I quietly went the closet and grabbed some sweatpants, some shoes, and my jacket. After I put them on I made my way to the door. I looked back to make sure Demos was still sleep, which he was.

After that I was making my way down the hall. I kept walking through the palace with the thought of that I may have the chance of escape. I just have to keep low of the guards. Thankfully they are too sacred to be anywhere near me because of Demos threat. I kept walking until I reached glass double doors that looked like the backyard garden. The garden had different plants such as flowers, trees, and tall hedges. I can use those to sneak around.

I smiled and opened the door. I looked around for any sign of guards, but I saw none. I smiled and ran to where the tall hedges were. Once I got there I stop and took a breathe. I needed a good plan to get out of here to the woods. Maybe I can find a Containment Unit where I can get human help. I quickly ran along the side of the hedges to guide me through. Although there were a few light post here and there. When the woods came into view I paused for a moment when heard voices. They sounded like they were getting close. With that being said I ran as fast as I could toward the woods. 'I'm going to make it.' I thought as I reached the edge of the garden.

"AAAAAAARRRGGGH!" I screamed in pain as I felt electricity run through me. I collapse to the ground in pain. I see black dots clouding my vision; I began to fade out when I saw a blurry figure blocking my view. I felt lighter and my vision getting more fuzzy until I finally blacked out.

.....

I slowly opened my eyes to see that I was back in my room and to see it was day time with sunshine pouring in the room. I wince when I felt a slight headache. I tried to sit up, but I was restrained. My wrist were tied to the bedpost and looked to see my ankles tied together. 'I need to get out of here.' I thought as I tried to pull my wrist loose.

"It's no use."

I turned my head to see Demos sitting in the corner of the room with an angry look on his face. My heart dropped to my stomach; I was so dead.

Demos got up and made his way toward me. He took a seat on the edge of the bed and then gave me a rather questionably calm look.

"I had to give it to you. You had me worried there. I actually thought that you were going to escape, but then I remembered the little tracking device I put in your arm."

"Yo-You put a tracking device in my arm? That's what that shot was?" I asked shocked.

"Well, duh, what did you think it was? A tetanus shot?" Demos asked. Well, I should have thought that.

"You know I wasn't going to do it because you are my mate. But, then I remembered that humans will do stupid things all the time. Even when we provide things and take care of you ungrateful humans."

After he said that I got a little angry. "Ungrateful? You crazy aliens came to our world and took everything from us. You came in someone else home and called it yours. Then you force us to live in 'Containment Units' that have horrible living conditions. So, no, we are not grateful."

Demos looked taken back a little by my statement then it quickly went away. "You humans are beneath my kind. You humans belong to us and you belong to me." An evil smirk suddenly appeared on his face. "Don't worry I will leave a reminder of who you belong to." I gave Demos a confused look until he revealed his large canines. My eyes widened in fear I tried to moved away, but it was no use. Demos held my shoulders down. He began to kiss my neck softly. "The pain wouldn't last too long."

"Wait W-" I was cut off when i felt horrible pain on my shoulder it felt far more worse than when I had that shot in my arm with a thick needle. Then I felt something warm go over my shoulder and arm. Then I realized it was my blood. I began to feel myself lose conscious. The image of Demos began to get blurry.

"Just sleep, my mate." That was the last thing I heard until my world went dark.