Chapter 18

Chapter 18

"Bell?" He looks up as I walk inside the treehouse. As he moves his head up, his hair falls into his face in the most pleasing way. He looks surprised to see me but not angry. He says my name softly and delicately in a way that makes me want to drop to me knees.... NOT in the sexual way, jesus.

"Hey, sorry. What me to go?" I ask lamely and his lips tug upwards a little bit, I want to glare at how he's holding back the smile.

"No, I just never thought you'd come here on your own." He says, in the same intriguing voice. I shrug and look around a little bit.

"I wanted some quiet," I take a step towards the couch that rests against the left wall. He's against the far wall in the right corner. Keeping distance, that's right. Smart boy Bellamy.

"So, class was out of the question?" He asks with a little laugh and I let out my own little, awkward laugh.

"Those bastards couldn't be quiet if I paid them," This makes Aaron laugh, but a genuine laugh, not forced like before.

I walk over to the worn-out couch and sink down in it. Old couches really are the best because as you sit down in them, you just sink and it's the most comfortable thing in the world.

"Honestly man, if your old school wasn't so shit, I'd say go back." He says, putting the book down on the small table next to the bean bag chair.

"Yeah, but I try to avoid hospitalization at all costs." I say with a scoff and he snorts.

"Good thing you came here," he says sarcastically.

"Oh yeah, I'm doing an awesome job."

He laughs again, and I watch closely. I've wanted to see him for days so badly, and now that I'm here, talking with him again- it feels crazy. I thought I'd have to wait to see him until tonight.

It just sucks so badly because no matter how badly I wanted to see him, he is truly untouchable. I look up at him the same time he looks up as me and we both pause, just looking at each other. I want to say something about the kiss, but I can't read him right now. I can't tell if he regrets it or if he wants more or if he's even thinking about it in general. Hell, it may have not even crossed his mind since.

Man, I really wish I could read minds.

"What are you thinking?" he asks, catching me off guard. I choke on my own spit for a second and play it off as just a cough. My mind is literally screaming, RED ALERT! RED ALERT!

"Um, nothing." I reply a little too quickly and he just raises his eyebrow. I hate this, he must know. My heart is beating so fast. He always seems so shy and then when you talk to him he's just full of this underlining confidence. Oh god, it's attractive.

"Okay," he replies with an innocent smile and picks up his novel. I watch him as he opens it and continues reading it as if nothing happens. I mentally groan while unzipping my backpack and pulling out my laptop.

I decide to work on my book report because that is something that doesn't need internet to accomplish. The problem is, as soon as I open Word, I become acutely aware of his presence. I'm so sweaty right now it's unreal. Just the fact that he is right there on the other side of the room, is driving me crazy.

"What are you thinking about?" I can't help but ask him, hating this silence. He looks up at me slowly and I see a glint of shyness in his eyes. I want to smirk because I'm putting him on the spot now.

"Bellamy..." he sighs. I know I will never get over how my name sounds when he says it.

"Aaron," I say, and he sighs again. The words are unsaid but we both know how dangerous the grounds we are on are.

Then suddenly, Aaron puts his book down once again but this time he does it and stands up as well. I watch him with my lips partly open with surprise as he walks over and sits down next to me. His smell is strong but in every good way possible. Spices and smoke and sweets all in one.

I move my laptop to the table left of the couch, so I can face him. He's not super close to me or anything, but he's close enough to start up my heart like a damn car.

"About the other week," he starts and I gulp. "The hand holding, t-the kiss, it's so against the rules."

"I know," I say sternly. I don't want him to think that I take the Dead Boys any less serious than I do. I don't want to fuck this up, my first chance of having a supportive group of friends I could tell anything to.

"I hate the damn rules, at least some of them." he admits, looking up at me so we can make eye contact.

"Yeah, I get not outing anyone and stuff." I say.

"Yeah, that one makes sense." He agrees with me and I nod.

"But the other rules," I start for him, wanting him to say what I want him to say so badly.

"How are you going to group together the only gay people in Woodstown and tell them not to fall for each other?" he asks but it's a rhetorical question and I know not to answer it. It's so quiet now, a pin could drop.

We look at each other for a long moment.

"You're right, it doesn't make much sense when you think about it." I say finally, agreeing with him once again.

"So, that's what you were thinking?" I ask after another moment of silence goes by.

"Yes,"

"Why were you thinking that?" I ask, maybe just playing a bit dumb.

"We can't pretend like we didn't kiss, Bellamy." He says and my heart starts racing on a whole new level.

"We should," I say softly. He leans closer to me so our faces are just a couple feet away. I haven't been so close to him in so long, I've only been so close to him once.

"Why?" he asks.

"I finally have friends, Aaron." I say and he frowns.

"We can get them to change their minds," he insists and I can't believe this is actually happening right now.

"Aaron,"

"Bell," He's moving closer. I can tell by just the look in his eyes what his intent is right now.

"This can't happen-" My breath hitches as he places his right hand on the croak of my jaw and neck. His hand is soft and gentle but also firm. Hi touch is perfect, absolutely perfect. He looks at me with so much desire it's almost intoxicating. I want to pour my heart into him

"We both want it to happen," he says and I swallow, allowing myself to inch closer to him. Oh, I'm so weak when it comes to this dead boy but I can't help it at all.

His thumb moves in circles along my jaw and I watch his eyes as he moves even closer to me. His sent fills my senses and I'm already lost in him. I reach up my hand and hold the wrist attached he uses to hold my face. With my other hand I reach out and grab his shirt, pulling him to me.

Our lips meet finally for a second time.

_________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Hey guys, sorry that that cliffhanger!

Let me know what you guys think!

-Hannah