𝘃. chapter five.

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
v. CHAPTER FIVE

WORSE THAN ROSIER?┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

WORSE THAN ROSIER?
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

           SIRIUS BLACK ALWAYS goes after what he knows he can't have (a deadly personality trait, he's very aware). That however doesn't seem to stop his newly peeked interest in Briar Rose D'Alessio.

       Don't get him wrong, Sirius didn't have any desire to be with her romantically. (He lived his life way too recklessly for him to tame it down for anyone.) yet Sirius (more than he cared to admit) found himself often thinking of her.

          He didn't know what exactly that was so distinctive about her that made her so memorable to him, he (to be frank) very much disliked her, not mention that he made it very clear to his ex-parents that he doesn't want to be with her.... ever. However he couldn't deny the rush of adrenaline he felt of going after something he knew was forbidden.

          Shaking his head as if to get rid of the thought of her, Sirius he leaned back into his seat, putting his arms behind his head. The seats on the Hogwarts Express were extremely comfortable, and he sighed contentedly, closing his eyes, he'd enjoyed his Christmas holiday at the Potters but James and himself had spent most of it staying up all night and it was starting to take a toll on him. "Padfoot! There you are!"

groaning, Sirius opened an eye. "Wormtail, where have you been?"

         "Mum was late, almost made me miss the train," Peter explained, sitting down opposite Sirius in the compartment. "Where are Prongs and Moony? And how were your holidays?"

          "James is trying to find his dear 'Lilykins'," Sirius mumbled, with shudder. "And my holidays were fine. Mrs. Potter's a wonderful cook. You?"

         "Fine as well."

          The two boys sat silently in the compartment for a while, before James burst in, declaring that he'd been unable to find Lily anywhere. Disappointed, but not undeterred, he also recounted the tale of how he'd happened to run into David Flint, a particularly huge Slytherin seventh-year. The boy was one of Evan Rosier' friends, and clearly the memory of the train ride back home was still fresh in his mind.

"I ran for it, mate," James explained, dramatically. "Thought he was going to bloody knock my head off, that's how angry he looked. I mean, you'd think the bloke would let it go, it was two weeks ago."

Sirius shrugged. After he and James had run from the Slytherins chasing them on the train, they'd managed to pull off a rather successful maneuver. Luring all four of the hefty Slytherins into a compartment, they'd shut the door and locked them all in. "It probably took hours for them to get out, the charm we used on the lock was unbreakable. Bet a teacher had to come find them."