Chapter 22.

It's been a month Davis and Malia were married and since Carol talked to Cynthia. She still haven't broke the news to Malia , but she decided to do it today.

Carol told everyone that it was dinner at her house tonight , so it'll be easier to get Malia in her possession.

"Hi mama." Malia said kissing Carol on her cheek. Malia's new name for Carol was mama since Davis was her husband now.

"Hi baby. Oh you brought wine? Good thinking. You can set it in the dining room dinner is almost ready." She said.

"Is it just Me, you and Davis tonight or is Davon coming too?"

"Davon is coming yes. And a special guest."

"Ooh who is it? Your new man?" Malia smirked.

"No i wish." Carol laughed , "But it's someone you'll be looking forward to."

Malia was confused, "Me? Why me?"

"You'll see."

Everyone was listening to the newlyweds story about their honeymoon minus the freak parts.

"We knew you two had sex. No need to front." Carol joked.

Davis and Davon laughed and Malia blushed.

"You know my son be getting it in, he gave us two grandchildren and we aren't even fifty yet." Davon joked.

Davis and Davon were on good terms and Carol and Malia were both proud of the two.

The door bell rang and Carol quickly got up to answer it.
"Did you invite my parents?" Malia asked.

"No, she didn't." Davon said looking at her.
Malia was beyond confused she didn't know if she was being tricked or if she was really getting a surprise.

In comes Cynthia , smiling at her baby girl. If only Malia knew.

"Hi everyone. Congrats you two." Cynthia said while having a seat.

"Thank you." Malia said looking at Cynthia weird.

"Would you like something to eat Cyn?" Carol asked.

"Oh no. I'm fine. I'll just take a glass of wine." She smiled.

Everyone talked and talked until Cynthia was ready to break the news down to Paisley.

"Cynthia , don't you have announcement to make?" Davon said finishing his wine. He was not prepared for this. Pretty sure no one was.

She cleared her throat , "As a matter of fact I do."
She turned to her daughter which made Malia tensed and still confused.

"I'm pretty sure you don't know me or never saw me a day in your life , but the moment I saw you I knew you were going to do great things and by me giving you to your new parents crushed me I wanted to keep you so badly , but I couldn't. I was in a bad situation, my other daughter... well your sister , was going through problems with her anger and it was just a handful. I couldn't handle to kids and—-"

Malia had a tear in her eye , "So what are you trying to tell me?!"

Cynthia grabbed her hand but Malia snatched away.

"I'm your birth mother and your name is not Malia. I wanted to tell you—"

"What? Are you serious?" Malia said with so many years rushing down her face. She couldn't believe what she was hearing.

Carol nodded , "it's true Malia. She is your mother."

Malia shook her head. ,"Did you know about this?" She asked Carol.

Then she turned to her husband, "Did you know about this?"

Davis didn't know a thing. He was new to the news. "Baby I didn't know anything about it."

"How do I know that you're my mother?!" Malia asked still crying.

"I named you Paisley , not Malia, you have a birthday mark on your left thigh it's shaped like an apple and you were born August 27th. That's all I got to know about you because I had to give you up! I couldn't be there to hear your first words or see you take your first step. Your new parents got to see all of that!"
Cynthia said crying. She tried to hold back the tears , but she missed out on a lot and now it's hitting her harder than ever now that's she's face to face with her daughter.

"Why did you give me up? Why didn't you keep me and raise me?"

"I couldn't. And the situation I was in wouldn't have made you who you are today. You're a beautiful young lady. We went to college and graduated, you've got Your Masters and everything. Carol told me things about you only because I wanted to know. If I would've kept you , you would've ends up like your sister."

"Who is my sister?" She asked.

"Jasmine." Cynthia confessed.

Malia was in shock so was Davis.

"She's not related to me. It's no way!" Malia yelled.

"She's your half sister. You two don't have the same father." She said.

"This is too much I cannot take all this in right now. I want to do home." Malia said as Davis held her.

"Paisley it's—"

"My name isn't Paisley. It's Malia." She spat.

"Okay , Malia. Please believe me. I was in jail , I couldn't get to you and talk to you how I wanted. I've been in jail for quite some time."

"What did you do?" Malia asked.

"I robbed, assaulted people. I did everything just to protect Penelope and see where that got me? I wasn't going to be able to take care of you because I didn't have a thing! Coby took everything from me when We got a divorce. He didn't leave me with one penny!" Cynthia cried. "He wanted to chase these young girls , so I told him I was done with it."

"Who is my father then?"

"A guy name Chris. He was just a friend , a very close friend , that I fell for and he ended up getting me pregnant , then left me. Ten years later , I found out he was slaughtered."

Malia gasped and cried more and more. Even though she never met the guy , that was her real father.

"I won't ever meet my real dad?" Malia asked crying and sniffling.

Carol was even crying too. She never knew this story about her best friend. That's because they had the beef over a dude.

"No sweetheart , but I have a picture of him." Cynthia showed her daughter a picture of a man and a woman hugging. It was Cynthia and Chris. He looked like he was a strong guy and had some beautiful curly hair.
Malia smiled , "That's him?"

Cynthia smiled back , "Yes. He has the same birthmark as you. It's on his left leg as well."

It was too much for Malia , but everything that this woman was telling her seemed to be so true.

"Your adopted parents didn't want you to know about me because I told them not to. I didn't want you to be angry with them. I wanted you to be angry at me because it's my fault. I shouldn't have—-" she paused to cry. "I should've kept you and tried to do better for you."

Malia hugged her mom so tight and they both cried together. Davis went over to hug his mom as she cried into his arms. Davon comforted Carol as well.

"Thank you Carol. I was mad at you for a minute , but I'm glad you invited her here." Malia said pulling away from the hug.

"Do you have anywhere to stay?" She asked her mother.

"No I don't. I've been staying a shelter and—"

"You can stay with us for a while , just until you get on your feet" Malia offered.

Cynthia smiled, "Thank you dear."

——