Chapter 2

Nico's POV:

Marcus' body tensed as we sped through the castle, arriving in front of my door.

He let out a quick and quiet breath as I released my hold I had on him near his stomach, causing him to stagger on his feet.

I quickly glanced around, making sure no one was around before I opened the door and lead him in.

My small smile came without warning as Khloe's eyes met mine before they met Marcus.

Then her face turned to one of shock and horror at the sight of his condition.

"Marcus?!" She exclaimed, leaning forward on the bed.

The boy gave her the best smile he could, offering up a nervous wave.

"H-Hey Khloe." He responded, some relief evident in his voice.

Confusion swept over her face as she continued to look him over.

"What...," She paused, noticing the bruises and blood trails on the parts of his body that weren't covered by the towel, "What happened to you?"

Her eyes turned to me, hoping I would give her an answer.

"I'll tell you soon," I replied to her before turning towards Marcus, "As for you, Ill have some food and clothes brought up for you while you shower, after that ill take a look at your injuries and then let you got a bit of sleep before we leave. Sound good?"

He nodded twice.

"Yes-," He hesitated before speaking his next word, "Nico, Thank you."

He bowed his head, which really wasn't necessary, before he shakily made his way towards the bathroom.

All of these rooms were basically built the same, so he already knew where it was.

Khloe and I just watched in silence until the bathroom door was closed.

She turned back to me as she leaned back against the headboard, her eyes wide in concern, "Nico..."

I rolled out my shoulders as I made my way over to her.

"The Lord decided that Marcus was going to be his new plaything," I explained, not wanting to tell her the real reason he was in that situation, "I recognized his scent on you from when you came back from the clinic, so after you told me that you two were friends, I decided I wanted to take him with us. Plus he can drive us."

I got onto the bed as soon as I heard the water running in the shower, closing some distance between us.

She said that she'd continue where she left off and I intended to take her word for it at least for a couple minutes before I had to tend to Marcus

"So you broke him out and plan on sneaking him out with us without the Lord knowing?" she asked, bringing her hand up to touch my cheek as I leaned towards her.

"Mhm," I responded, placing my hand over hers, "I plan to have him be the top slave on my floor as soon as we get there, so he'll always be available to us if we need him. Plus I wanted you to have someone that you could hang out with whenever I can't be with you."

Her gorgeous smile curved her lips.

"Thank you," She breathed, laying herself back down to lay on the pillow, taking her hand down with her.

I just looked at her for a second, admiring her.

"Anything for you sweetheart," I responded, lowering myself onto my elbow so I was still partially sitting above her.