Chapter 44- Through the Lens

XANDER'S POV

13 weeks later...

God. I just can't fucking stop staring at my fiancé's picture on my desktop screen.

I mean, just look at her.

Her beauty is beyond words

Her beauty is beyond words. She literally looks like an angel that was sent from above to become the love of my life, and I just can't help myself from falling in love with her over and over again.

Yes, I see what you mean, Man. You got lucky you're the physical one and you are able to tap that and I'm just inside your fucking head. Can we... switch places sometimes?

I grin at my own thoughts. I am indeed really crazy about this blue-eyed goddess.

We had our morning sex last week and right when I parted the curtains from the window, this sight of her looking straight up at me from the bed is pure divine. Having minds of their own, my hand instantly grabbed my camera from the bedside table and instantly took a shot on that breathtaking masterpiece.

Looking at her face, it's not obvious that she's stressed out from school lately. She insisted to attend the fall semester this year to pursue her master's degree in school counseling after the successful trial against the de Luca's and Nina James last September. She would just take off the spring semester then because her due date will be in February next year. I told her to just finish her pregnancy and go back to school next fall but she doesn't want to waste her time. She really wants to work as soon as possible and didn't mind having a bump while going to school.

Well, she's the boss anyway, so I had no choice but to support her and make sure that we are attending her weekly prenatal visits. I want to secure my future beautiful school counselor's health, as well as our baby's.

Speaking of the trial, it was one hell of an event and we are all over the media during those weeks but thank God the odds were in our favor. They were all proven guilty and were sentenced to more than ten years in prison, though I was rooting for a lifetime as it was reported that thirty-six girls have died across the globe because of a heroin overdose and suicide from prostitution under de Luca's rings. Thank God as well for Emily for pushing the attempted rape case against Logan. She is now totally at peace.

Life has never been satisfying after seeing their defeated faces outside the court hall. Dr. Frank Morrison is still in comatose right now. He had undergone a liver transplant after sustaining severe liver damage and gastrointestinal bleeding secondary to gunshot wounds in his abdominal area. His postoperative complications included hepatic encephalopathy and neurotoxicity which led to his coma, therefore, he is not considered to be competent to stand trial and the criminal proceeding against him is currently suspended. After everything that has happened, I still wish for him to get better and let God be the judge of his faith.