Getting Ready

Olivia's POV
I wake up to see three women standing at the foot of my bed staring at me. I scream and they giggle. I sit up and pull the sheets closer around my body like a shield.

"Who are you?" I ask. They walk closer to me so that there are two on my right side and one on my left. I try to sink into the bed.

"We're here to get you ready, silly" one of the girl's replies. She's tall with long blonde hair and hazel eyes. The one to her right is smiling just as brightly as the blonde girl she has a short straight brown bob and brown eyes. The one on the left side of the bed looks a little less excited. She has curly red hair that falls past her breast and blue eyes.

"Oh... I... um" I stutter unsure of how to respond to the hyper girls in front of me. They just laugh.

"I'm Jasmine," Blondie says pointing towards herself. She then points to her right. "This is Colette" then she points over the bed towards the redhead. "And this is Jaimie". I nod when she's finished.

"Alright let's get started," Colette says. Clapping her hands together. I just nod. Unsure of how I can act around these girls. I wonder if they've been given instruction to hit me if I don't do what they want. Yet they seem so nice and it's hard to see any of them lashing out.

"Shower first?" Jasmine asks the two girls with her. They both nod and she turns to grin at me. I stand awkwardly and walk over to the bathroom that's attached to the small room. Jaimie hands me a robe and a towel. I nod to her as my thanks and jump into the shower. I let the hot water relax my tensed up muscles. I lather my hair with shampoo and let it wash out. I sigh in content.

"You done?" I hear Colette's voice ask from outside the door.

"Yea!" I call back. Turning off the shower head and stepping out onto a bath mat. I grab the towel and dry myself off. Before wrapping it around my head and slipping on the, what feels like silk, bathrobe that was left for me.

"Ok let's get started," Jasmine says when I step out. She grabs my hand and pulls me towards a chair. As soon as I'm sat down the girls get to work. Colette starts working on my dirty nails. Jaime starts to brush through my brown curls, and Jasmine starts to apply a mud mask to my face. I try to relax. Knowing that this might be the only time I'm going to do sort of thing in a while. I try to pretend I'm at home and that Ashley is sitting next to me and we're getting this done as two normal best friends should.

Everything takes a while, and hours later the girls finally step away. Happy with their work. They turned me away from the mirror a few hours ago when Jasmine started to apply concealer.

"Ready?" Jasmine asks. I nod. The chair turns and tears prick my eyes. My eye shadow is pink and brown colors mixed and sparkling. My lashes are super long. My lips are bright. The pink color is contrasted by a gold in the middle creating an ombré effect. My hair is curled into perfect little twirls that flow down my back with a few clips holding the front two pieces in the back. My nails are a simple French manicure. I turn to the girls behind me.

"It's amazing," I say. They laugh.

"We have a good canvas" Jasmine comments and I blush.

"We'll let you get changed," Colette says before she and the other girls' exit. I sigh. The dread creeping into my mind. The extremity of this situation is now fully dawning on me. I'm going to be stuck with Owen. Someone who doesn't love me. And who I know I could never love. It doesn't feel right. It isn't right. All my anxiety and fear starts to weigh down on my shoulders. But I know for the sake of everyone I love I have to do it. A knock comes from the door.

"Come in" I call. Before turning back to the bed where the dress is laid out.

"Jasmine said I should check if you needed help" I hear a soft British voice ask. I turn and see Jaimie standing there. She didn't say anything while we were getting ready so I didn't recognize the accent. I just nod. She walks over to me.

"Can I ask you something?" I ask her. She nods as she unzips the dress and drops it so that I can step into it.

"Why're you here?" I ask while she slides the dress up my body.

"My brother owed Melissa money. He didn't have any. So he sent me as payment instead" she answers bluntly. The accent shining through in sadness.

"Where did you come from?" I ask her.

"Liverpool" she answers curtly. I just nod. We don't talk while she zips me up and when I turn to face her she is already halfway to the door.

"Hey Jaimie" I call to her. She turns grudgingly.

"Yea" she answers. Running a hand through her curly red hair.

"It'll be ok," I say. Offering her a small smile. She returns it. Although hers is more forced. She then leaves, closing the door. I sigh and sit down on the bed. Waiting.

In what seems like hours the girls return. Jasmine is carrying a pair of short white heels, and Colette is holding the veil. Jaimie has been tasked with a tiara. My eyes start to water up.

"Don't cry and ruin the makeup" Jasmine chastises jokingly. I sigh. Not wanting her hard work to go to waste. She instructs me to sit and when I do so she places the shoes on my feet.

"Jaimie," she says with a snap of her fingers. "Tiara". Jaimie steps forward without a word and places the tiara at the top of my head. Weaving some hair around it so that it doesn't fly off. Colette is next and she places the shorter part of the veil in front of my face with the longer part dragging behind me. I stand and Jasmine claps her hands.

"Beautiful! A true bride!" She squeals. I let another sigh leave my lips. Jasmine and Colette both grab one of my arms and we start to walk down the stairs. Once we reach the bottom I get into the awaiting limo. The girls don't follow me. Jasmine and Colette lead but Jaimie lingers.

"Good luck" she whispers looking at me sadly. I nod.

"You too," I say. Meaning it. She smiles. She closes the door of the limo and it takes off towards wherever the wedding is being held. I sigh and lean my head against the window. We finally arrive at a small quaint white church. It's adorable and in any other situation I would love it but right now it's like a looming monster ready to gobble me up.

"Mrs." The driver calls.

Hmmm?" I mumble.

"It's time"