Vol 3 Chap 91 - Curse of a lady cross-dressing

XH 91 - Curse of a lady cross-dressing

"An Jing, lead us to the Moonlight Lake Pavilion."

Long Lian was already bored with sightseeing. They had asked around about the fireworks, only to be told that the best fireworks were already lit up last night. Tonight's would not be as impressive as yesterday's. It was still an hour until evening and there was already nothing exciting left to see.

They managed to buy a round paper lantern with a cute rabbit drawn on it for Xiao Hua, which was paid by An Jing, their banker of the trip. It was one of the very few stores that sell white paper lantern as it was not the lantern festival. Most lanterns that were sold were red, festive ones with blessing words written on them.

Xiao Hua wanted a lantern not because she likes it but it was due to curiosity in comparing the work between the modern and the historical era. The edge of the fragile paper lantern was stuck together with glue and used bamboo sticks as frames. She does not dare to hold it tight for fear she ends up crumbling the paper.

There were many times during her second life as Xiao Hua did she admired technology. There were still paper lanterns being sold, but most would buy plastic lantern with light bulb replacing candle as a fire prevention method and it last longer. That was what Le XiaoTing had brought for the devil twins after seeing the bonfire they created using paper lanterns and candles. It does not help when the little devil's parents do not stop them, claiming they were still children and burning lanterns were just harmless fun!

Of course, they do not care as the bonfire was in front of Le XiaoTing's house instead of theirs! She was the one that cleaned up for them at the end of the night!

"My lord, you would be unable to enter the Moonlight Lake Pavilion." An Jing knew that if her master found out that Xiao Hua was the one that wanted to gain entry, he might disregard the rule and bring Xiao Hua in.

Unfortunately, she also knew that her master was having a secret meeting inside that Pavilion and it would be best not to disturb him.

Long Lian had known that the pavilion's new owner was her third brother and wanted to use that opportunity to visit it. An Jing's subtle shake of her head told her that it was not the right time to visit.

"There was a tea house beside the pavilion," An Jing suggested when Long Lian turned gloomy.

"Master had frequently visited to drink his favorite tea and has yet to leave a negative complained about it."

"Lead us there." Long Lian has gotten a little interested. She trusted her third brother's taste when it comes to food and drink.

Fortunately, the tea house was not packed as most nobles had stayed at home to exchange New Year greetings and the commoners hardly visited the best tea house in Guilin with outrageous high pricing.

An Jing secured them a table with a nice view of the Moonlight Lake Pavilion, which was just opposite the tea house.

"Tieguanyin," Long Lian ordered when a waiter came over to serve them.

"Coming right up," the waiter said pleasantly and moved to prepare their order when someone intercepted the waiter.

"One pot of Oolong tea for this table," a rough, manly voice ordered.

Frowning, Long Lian turned to the table where the voice came from, which was just right beside theirs. Her frown eased as she stared at one of the men in recognition. "Duke Heng?"

Duke Heng had recognized the princess with a terrible attempt of disguise. He greeted the princess politely as if it was not out of ordinary to see a princess sneaking out of the palace at all. "Greetings, my lord." He could identify An Jing, the Third Prince's head of the inner maid, with them so it was most likely that the Third Prince knew about the princess' adventure.