CHAPTER FOUR

You must be fucking kidding me my boss just caught me cursing in his house, I literally just broke about two major rules all at once.

"I-I-I can explain" I stammer

"Oh really I'd like to hear it"
Xavier says sarcastically while crossing his huge biceps

'what is wrong with me I have broken the two most major rules and now i am checking him out. I am loosing it, I am a hormonal woman argh'

I shake my head lightly to snap myself out of my rambling and unnecessary thoughts, Xavier looks at me weirdly and frowns.

"I am waiting." He growls

"Firstly I would like to apologize I..." He cuts me off

"What is wrong with you?? you have only stayed here for a few days and yet you've manage to break three rules already." He yells

"I..."

"Save it." He cuts me off before I could say anything else Sam's small face pops up at the top of the stairs.

"Daddy what's going on?" He asked rubbing his eyes tiredly

"Nothing go back to sleep." Xavier replied as he turns to his son his eyes soften

"Can Swage twuck me in?." He asked sleepy, his words a bit slurred as he looks at me with his big blue eyes I smiled at the way he pronounced my name this was a first because he thought of himself as a big boy and took pride in his speech.

"Sure thing she'll be up in a minute." Xavier said as he watched Sam go back into his room.

He waited until he heard the room door click before turning back to me his eyes showing no expression.
"Never break the rules again or you'll regret it."

I nod nervously before he dismiss with a wave of his hand.
I hurry up the stairs and into Sam's room, where he was sitting on his bed staring at his hands once he notice my presence he perks up and moves a little so I could sit beside him I smile at him before settling beside him.

"What's up little fella?." I asked as I take my hand away from his hair

"I can't sleep dad was shouting a lot"

I sigh and run a hand through my messy hair before saying

"It must have startled you I am sure."

"Yeah pretty much" he replies

"How about I make you warm milk with cookies" He smiles nodding and I head for the door with him in behind me .

I thought I saw a shadow in front of Sam's door I hurried to the door but I didn't see anyone.

"strange" I thought but shrugs it off as a trick of the light.

"Are you still up for milk and cookies??" I asked him as I open the freezer the cool breeze hitting my face.

"Yes and also a muffin" I smile as I turned to face him ,in my hand I held the packed muffin and Cookie bowl and a cartoon of milk I set everything on the counter and Sam slides from the counter to a stool closer to me with my help, he smiles and turns his attention over to the delicious baked goods on the counter.

"Yum" He says rubbing his palms together in delight

"Could you please put it in the hot box thingy"