Chapter 6-

Sadie's POV

I tapped my pen against the side of my head and stared at the blank piece of paper sitting on my desk in front of me. The second day of school and we are already having to write a three page paper about how the economy has effected our family life, personally.

Writing a paper had never been an issue for me in the past but for some reason my brain just would not cooperate with me today. I couldn't get my mind off of this morning and what had happened with Charlie and that Missy girl. Sitting at my desk staring at a blank piece of paper definitely was not calming my thoughts down any.

"You look like you need some help," Kent finally said from where he was sitting, reading a book on his bed. I dropped my pen and flashed a glare over at him, his smirk grew even bigger than before. If he wasn't so attractive sitting like that I would have killed him by now. I take that back, I was always prepared to kill Kent no matter how attractive he was looking.

"As if you're going to help me," I snorted unattractively and Kent laughed, getting up slowly from his lounging spot and setting his book on his nightstand beside his bed. He approached my desk and his chest pressed lightly against the back of my head.

"That looks like fun, your teacher must be an interesting fella," Kent said with a sigh and returned to his previous spot on his bed with a chuckle. "That sucks,"

"Words of wisdom," I replied, letting out an exasperated breath and picking up my pen once again.

"Have you ever heard of taking a break? Some of the guys are going down to play some football in the front yard, you should come," He said flashing me a quick smile that actually seemed real for once. This could be my chance to make some more friends in the dorm. Although most of the guys were nice I could still tell they weren't all that excited about a girl living with them.

 It's not like I even had a choice in the matter. Maybe if I played around with them for a few minutes they would loosen up a bit and see I'm more relaxed then most of the girls at this school.

"I guess a break won't hurt," I said standing up at the same time Kent stood.

"Whatever the Princess wants," Kent snickered and I stuck my tongue out at him and for some odd reason he got a huge grin on his face. "Real mature,"

He grabbed a light sweatshirt and I followed him out of the room and to the stairs.

When we arrived down at the front yard there was a large pack of rowdy and loud guys gathered together. Most of them were just talking while the rest were rough housing and running around. This probably wasn't the best idea.

"How'd you get Sadie to come down here?" Charlie asked, emerging from the group and patting Kent on the back, smiling down at me.

"She needed a break from school work," Kent explained nonchalantly and disappeared into the group of guys to mingle.

"So he said you needed some fresh air, clever," Charlie acknowledged.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked uncertainly, starting to feel more and more nervous.

"I guess I should have figured Kent didn't mention this is a tackle football game, probably not your type of thing. I guess since you're already down here your fate is made," Charlie explained to me while gently pushing me towards the group of guys. His attitude was slightly different than this morning in the library, he was more cocky and not so relaxed. I guess he was more like the other guys than I had predicted, changing his behavior when I'm not around.

"I've got a paper to finish, so I'm out of here!" I yelled trying to push past Charlie but then Kent grabbed my arm and playfully pulled me towards him. I caught a glimpse of what I assume was a glare from Charlie before I was whipped around to face Kent and Chunk.