Mission Strange

We jogged to meet Steve, who smiled softly at us all.
'Hey you guys, nervous for your first mission?'
'As long as we have each other, we have nothing to worry about.' He grins at Oliver's strong response. We head up to the helipad.
'Okay, good luck out there, stay safe, and show us what you're made of.' He yells over the noise, as we all wave to him as we sprint to the helicopter.

'Okay, body-cams are on!' Oliver announced.
'Can you guys hear us?' Steve's voice says.
'Loud and clear.' I confirm. 'How many of you are watching?'
'All of us are here.' Clint calls out.
'Awesome, you ready to lose?' Damien directs at me.
'It's not really in my blood, popsicle.' He rolls his eyes, as I lean back.
'So what's your plan, recruits?' An unfamiliar but very formal voice asks. Must've been Banner.
'Damien and y/n are going around the back, me and Ash will get the USB.' Oliver talks in to the mic.
'I haven't even been told what we're doing here.' Damien says.
'Me neither.' I chime in.
'You're taking back a USB stick from a HYDRA base.' Steve informs us. Oliver notices my uneasy expression.
'You'll be fine, M.' Sitting up, I harden my face.
'I'm gonna fuck them up so bad.' I growl.
'That's the spirit.' Stark sarcastically says.
'We're here.' Ash says, speaking finally. Out of the window, the coal-black sky looms above us. The ghostly building looked abandoned, bringing back haunting memories.
'They've always been fans of being discreet.' I mutter.
'Okay, split now, meet you in the Information Room.' Oliver whispers.
'Something goes wrong, just scream you know.' Damien jokingly suggests, before being interrupted by Stark.
'That really isn't a good idea.'
'You got it, Stark.' My voice deadly congratulates him.

Damien and I sprint off around the back, when we spot two guards.
'Just like we practiced right, M?'
'Just like practice.' I repeated.
I start sprinting towards them, when ice lifts me in to the air. Raising my fist in the air, I plunge it in to the ground. The ground shatters beneath me, as the two guards get thrown aside, like rag dolls. I hear hushed whispers from the tower.
'Holy shit...' A voice mumbles.
'M, we got company!' Damien yells, as a sudden chill sets in the air.
'I'm on it!' I call back, sprinting to the noise. Damien was fighting off two men, beating their asses. Out of the shadows, a man with a pistol approached him. His twisted smile sent hateful screams in my head. I whipped the gun out of his hand, and threw him in to the frosty atmosphere.
'We make a good team when we're not at each other's throats.' I admit to him, as we jog to the door.
'You know, you're not too bad.' He sighs.
'Not too bad, excuse me Ice-Cube I just saved your snowy ass!' He laughs at my light-hearted insulted.
'I'll never regret teaching you how to be snarky.' He recalled fondly.
'You're 16, stop talking like Captain Patriot.' I forgot about them watching.
'Captain Patriot? God it's like having a second Tony.' He groaned.

We finally reach the Computer Room.
'What took you so long?' Oliver asked, waiting by the door.
'Kicking evil ass.' Damien replied, as we all entered the dark room.
Oliver snapped his finger, and with a candle in the dark, we slowly sneaked through the eerie room.
'Found the light switch.' Ash whispered, as the lights blared in our eyes.
'Found the USB stick, let's get out of here.' Oliver shouted, when a piercing scream ran out in our ears.
'Don't do it, M. Don't g-!'
With zero hesitation, I ran off in the direction of the noise.
Shouts in my ear piece and in my actual ear just seemed to fade away. I'm not letting someone else go through what I did.

The rusty metal door was all that stood between me and the mystery girl. I hear faint shouts through my ear-piece.
'Don't do it, we'll come back for them!' I inhale and choke out.
'I-I'm not letting someone go through what I did. I'm sorry.'
Ripping the door open, I thunder in to the room. In the middle of the room, was a girl, who looked about 8. She was screaming and crying, locked in to a dentist chair.

I raced to her side, ripping the restraints off of her, when a voice I never wanted to hear ripped through my ears.
'How nice of you to join my latest experiment, I called her after you, Phantom.' I felt a prick in my neck, as an insane looking man stood behind the glass. I shield the girl with my body, and raised my gun and hand. He laughed hysterically,
'Ah, how ironic. I gave you those powers and you threaten to kill me with them? You could never kill me.'
'Oh yeah, come out here and I'll prove it, asshole.'
'You Americans..' He snarled, when I realised the Avengers had fell silent.
The girl's hand weakly placed on mine, when I realised.
'If you let her go, I'll take her place.' I negotiated.
'No, stop y/n!' Bucky cried out.
He hesitated, before slowly exiting his little pod.
'My prized possession, you always were my favourite.' He sighed, the madness tearing through his worn voice. Seeing my chance, I dragged him by his feet towards me. His eyes widened to saucepans, fear glinting in them. His cries echoed through the room, as I crashed my fists in to his skull. No empathy for him, no sympathy for him, no mercy for the wicked.