Goodbyes

Chapter 10: GoodByes

There was a awkward silence between the idols as they continue to stare at each other.

Oh Cod, Oh Cod, Oh Cod! I fucked up! Pearl panicked in her mind.

Marina opened her mouth to speak but was cut off by the sound of Vian crying.

The DJ's attention was immediately directed to him and she rushed over to calm him down.

"Shhh it's okay Vian, just go back to sleep for me." The DJ soothed. This seemed to work as the little guy drifted off once more.

"You're a natural Marina." Vic says, smiling.

"R-Really?"

"D-Dang right you are! I've literally told you bunches of times!" Pearl said, recovering from her little gay panic.

Marina was surprised yet proud on how Pearl was exactly being mindful about her foul language.

"Aww I'm so proud of you Pearlie! You managed to not say a single bad word! "
'Thank cod, she forgot my outburst!' Pearl thought.

"Uh? What the he-"

"Nooo don't you dare say it now!" Marina cut her off, playfully glaring at her.

"Fine, how about this? If I cuss, we get to do whatever you want to do for the rest of the week. If I don't, it's visa versa. Deal?" Pearl said, holding out a hand.

"Hmm, make that 2 weeks and you got yourself a deal." She said holding out her hand as well.

"Fine..." Pearl grumbled, shaking hands.

Both idols felt a spark as they made skin contact and tried their best to not blush.

Vic and Nathan (This is gonna be Octavian's new name) both watched as the two shook hands and laughed softly, trying not to wake up Vian.

"Well lunch is ready. And also, don't you have stage rotations coming up?" Vic says, pointing at the clock.

"Oh cod! I totally forgot about that... We gotta hurry Pearlie."

"Ah shi-okara (those who watch viantastic's vids know where this is from XD) time flys doesn't it?" Pearl says, nearly slipping up on their deal.

"Nice save and I guess it does..." Marina responds, giggling. "Sorry mom, I guess it's time for us to head back."

"It's okay sweetie, I understand, just promise that you'll come visit us again soon."

"I promise, and it won't take long this time." Marina said, hugging her mom tightly.

As they were in their small embrace, Vic whispered, "Next time we meet, I hope to see you and Pearl as a item. "

Marina blushed heavily at such statement. "Mom!"

As the two were saying their goodbyes, Nathan wrapped Pearl in a huge hug. "Thanks for hanging out with me Pearl!"

"No sweat little dude."

After their goodbyes, the 3 began their small journey back home. As they step towards the kettle, Pearl realized something.

"Uh Mar?"

"Yes Pearlie?"

"How is Vian gonna slip through?" Pearl asked, gesturing to the sleeping boy.

"Uh..." The Octoling had no answer as she thought of this. "I don't want to wake him up... Maybe there's another way?"

Marina thought for a minute as she scans the environment. 'This looks really familiar....'

"Oh! I know another way!" She exclaimed quietly. "Down that road, is the way to Mt. Nantai. It's the same road I took to reach the surface."

"Sweet! Then let's get going!" Pearl said, moving on forward. Marina pulled her back, which caused the inkling to look at her in confusion.

"The thing is, Octarians patrol the area so we gotta be careful. So follow my lead and stay close."

"Roger that." Pearl saluted the ex combat engineer, which made her giggle.

So they set forward down the road.