MTM.11

it's just wolfsbane

"You're going to kill him?" I screeched and doing the weakest amount of work, stepped back from Max with disgust clearly evident on my tear stained face. The bitter taste on my tongue worsened, and I showed my distaste for this moment in the form of a twitching red nose, and curled up lips, a crazy eye began to twitch as unwanted images of 'putting him down' popped into my head.

Just like I was watching a silent movie, the show went on in my mind and the only thing I could actually make out was his slow, saddening, movements. His lips moulding into a string of distressed, familiar yet new, words, 'mate, mate, mate' as I watched his body fall to the ground and his mouth spewing out my name even with the poisoned spit, foam coming out with it.

I wondered, when did I get so dramatic?

"No," Max said right away, quickly as he started shaking his head at me, "definitely not, nope, uh-uh. We can't do that, not with him, and especially not with that little bit of wolfsbane."

I tilted my head to the side, lost in thought for a second, sometimes he reminds me of Viviana. Calming down, the threat was gone, I could relax.

"So, you're just putting him to sleep?" I finally asked, and as my eyes squinted, my lips also slowly began to close shut again. It seemed like a whole lot of wolfsbane to me, although do I even know a good amount of wolfsbane? I'm not an expert or anything, Viviana is the one who dabbles in werewolf lore while I dabble in a bag of chocolate covered pretzels.

Max nodded and looked up from me, watching whatever was happening behind my back. Instinctively, I turned my head to look over my shoulder, but upon seeing the unconscious, hulking, body of Morpheus slowly transform completely back into his human form, guilt filled me. However, seeing the oh so mighty warriors trying to heave his much larger body up, gave me a little satisfaction, so I moved to be facing the scene front on. At first, they struggled against his dead body weight, but soon they succeeded in lifting him up, nonetheless.

Funny, I snickered, warriors are supposed to be the second strongest members of the pack, but looking at them trying to lift up Morpheus, well, it's like ants trying to get a full sized cookie.

Is Morpheus oversized or something? Snapping me out of my thoughts, Max interrupted.

"We can't kill him, not us anyway," Max assured me as he placed his hand on my shoulder before turning me 180° style. He smiled down at me, "Don't worry, everything is alright now."

Johnny had snuck his way behind us, but as soon as his voice hit my ears with a simple 'well, then', I was jumping up and wrapping my arms around him. "Johnny," I sighed, relaxing in his arms, "I'm so sorry for that, I don't understand or even know what just happened, I'm so sor-"

"I should have known," Johnny spoke, interrupting my apologies before sighing, "I mean, really, you are technically a mated female now and even gay guys can't test that in the mating world."

"Wait, what?" I pulled back, and my eyes instantly locked on and searched his neck. A bit red, but okay.

Johnny tried to fix his messed up locks, running a hand through his blond hair as he smirked, winking at Max, "This sure does bump up my ego though."

"I'm confused as to why no one is freaking out anymore?" I thought aloud, stretching my words out. Neither of them bothered to even look down, it was like standing between two giants. How are they not scared? In shock?