day 12 - learning

There had been a slight concern in me the day before as I looked at the fact that my book hadn't grown much in one day, but these thoughts were banished away by the fact that I woke up the next morning to have 400 reads! I did a little happy dance. Things couldn't have been running more smoothly or more on track! This was excellent news in my book.

This progress had exceeded my expectations, we weren't even halfway through the month and we were here! Someone had messaged me to tell me that they had never read a book like mine, and that cemented something inside me. You're doing alright Ella, I told myself.

I had questioned whether or not I would post this book if I didn't meet my goal, worried that by this point I would still be on 30 reads. But I realised I needed to have faith in my own tips! Wattpad is a platform where you have millions of avid readers at your disposal - you just need to learn how to get to them.

Over the past few days I had been reading other works in my genre...like a lot. I had been picking up tips and tricks, things that seemed to work well, and things people didn't like. This was a vital step in the next few stages of this project. I now knew what was wanted and needed of me.

Statistics at the end of day twelve:

412 reads

104 followers!

Lesson learnt: Learn from the past mistakes of others.