Chapter Twenty-Six

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

-VampireRoses1223

"On a date..?" I asked with hidden amusement in my voice. I was actually rather surprised. Last time I had gone on a date, well... That didn't turn out so well. So what would make this one any better?

Erai didn't bother to say anything else, and I just stared at him in wonder. "Where are we going?"

He didn't answer, he only kept driving, and I couldn't help but notice and admire his strong silent type atmosphere right now. I mean Erai only had two atmospheres. One where he was goofing around and annoying me all day, and the other one being perverted. Never once have I ever seen him so serious.

I actually kind of liked it.

I smiled to myself secretly as I studied his features, and almost burst out laughing in the process. He was so serious that it almost seemed like we had completely switched personalities overnight.

And if I seriously looked like that when I was serious, I'm glad I don't feel like that anymore. Actually I was glad I didn't feel. Period. If I still had my emotions intact, I would find this silence really awkward.

We continued to drive for 30 minutes, and I found myself growing more and more curious to where we were going. Finally giving up to my curiousity, I just decided to come out and ask. "As interesting as this 30 minute drive has been, I've still been wondering where we are going."

"You'll see." Was all he said in response, and I just rolled my eyes dramatically and sighed. Of course I'll see. Either how long it takes to get there or how horrible it's going to be. Either one would be correct.

But suddenly I felt something slip past through my fingers, and I looked down to see Erai's hand entwined with mine. A side smirk played on my lips, and I just gazed back at Erai with a questioning look on my face.

He had been avoiding me all day today, so why was he so suddenly in the mood for physical contact..?

But disregarding his strange gesture, I remained completely cool and calm, not even trying to move my hand away or his. I actually kind of like it as well.

In fact now that I think about it, Erai wasn't exactly the ugliest guy on Earth. Or Vienyth, should I say. So why was I trying so hard to stay away from him before?

I had always blushed like crazy when he even looked at me in a certain way, and my heart would throb intensely if he ever touched me. My palm a would get super sweaty and I'd get nervous before, but now I didn't feel any of that at all. It's like everything just washed away.

But before I could get too deep into space, suddenly the car pulled over and stopped. I looked out the windshield and my eyes widened in surprise.

We were at... The fair?

A smirk played in my lips as I just chuckled. "Seriously? You took me to the fair?" Wow. That makes the second 'that didn't go too well' memory.

Last time I was at a fair, well... You know the story.

"Come in, it's going it get dark soon." Erai let go of my hand, and got out of the car. I sighed as I soon followed him, and closed the door.

Even though fairs weren't my thing, nor were they ever, I gotta say this one wasn't so bad. Roller coasters were set up everywhere, booths holding prizes were literally surrounding us, and a lot of people were walking by holding popcorn, cotton candy and hot dogs.

"Come on." Erai said taking my hand in his, and began walking without telling me where we were going.

"Uhhh..." I said raising an eyebrow. "Is it necessary to hold hands?"